The Electronic Officer is responsible for ensuring excellent maintenance of the electronic equipment on board of our vessels specifically within the Deck and Hotel Department.
- Supervises the maintenance of the electronic equipment in cooperation with the Staff Engineer;
- Works closely with the Safety Officer in order to guarantee excellent maintenance of firefighting and lifesaving equipment assigned to the ship;
- Daily inspects the ship's fire system to ensure it is ready for service;
- Supervises the ship's Low Location Lighting system to ensure it is fully operational and advises the Staff Engineer in case of any failures or new material to be required to ensure continuous operation;
- Maintains in full operating order the Bridge Navigational Instruments and SMS Panel System of the ship;
- Supervises and executes routine tests of the ship's Public Address system to assure its reliability and performance as required by SOLAS;
- Checks, verifies and maintains all Security equipment on board to ensure continuity and reliability of operation;
- Prepares requisitions for department stores and spare parts, submitting them to the Staff Engineer for approval;
- Maintains an approved inventory of materials on hand and on order;
- Assists the Chief Electrician in case of emergency.
- Fluent in English, oral and written;
- High School Graduate with appropriate licenses as required by the Company;
- Holder of III/6 or III/7 IMO Certification;
- Basic Safety Training Certificate including Advanced Firefighting experience and Swimming & Rowing competence;
- Meets the requirements of STCW regarding certification for this position;
- Meets the requirements of the laws of the Flag State of the ship regarding health & physical requirements;
- Extensive successful experience in a similar position within the cruise industry;
- Basic Windows knowledge;
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work onboard.
USA VISA if in possess
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN US AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN GROW!
MSC Cruises has grown exponentially since 2003. In such a short time, we have built a fleet of 21 modern and most environmentally advanced ships!
With our constant expansion, our fleet will grow in capacity with the arrival of eight new ships in three different classes by 2027.
One of our latest ships – MSC World Europa – was delivered in 2022, inaugurating the World Class. It is our largest cruise ship to date, with a capacity of over 6,700 passengers, served by more than 2,000 crew members.
In 2022 we also inaugurated the MSC Seascape which features new immersive high-tech entertainment with innovative technology that provides guests with endless leisure options.
From 2023 MSC Cruises will enter the Luxury segment by launching its first of four Explora Journeys ships. The ships will be equipped with the best and latest environmental technology and bestowed with a highly-innovative design.
With four new mega-ships and four Luxury ships to be built and delivered between 2023 and 2027, the biggest and most important challenge for MSC Cruises is to find, recruit and train a high number of new crew members needed to provide the service, fun and safety that have become hallmarks of MSC Cruises.
This massive project is already well under way. The Human Resources Team is not only working to recruit the best talents but is also visiting our manning agencies and hiring partners around the world to ensure that the right people and facilities are in place to prepare this ‘army’ of new crew members for their life at sea.
We need motivated and ambitious crew members who work with passion and understand the value of a smile.