Supporting the Chief Engineer in the running of the engine department, the Staff Engineer supervises the day-to-day operations, related to all mechanical, electrical, electronic, environmental matters on board the ship and is actively participating in instructions and training of all the engine department officers and staff.
- Works closely with the Chief Engineer to ensure that all maintenance is completed efficiently and thoroughly;
- Maintains regular contact with the Hotel Director and Sanitation Officer in order to ensure technical compliance with international sanitation requirements;
- Works in close cooperation with Safety Officer to ensure the proper maintenance and outstanding mechanical conditions of all the safety equipment and system aboard the vessel;
- Is fully responsible for the operation of the engine room and any maintenance of machinery on board when deputising for the Chief Engineer;
- Ensures work in progress is completed in line with internal standard procedures.
- Fluent English oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
- Master's degree or Polytechnic degree of technical ship operations;
- Certificate of Competency IMO III/2 + passengers ship familiarisation;
- Previous experience in both mechanical and electrical engineering as well as experience in international sanitation requirements;
- Stress tolerance;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Problem solving;
- Excellent team management abilities;
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board.
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (71)
- Beauty Jobs (36)
- Casino Jobs (39)
- Child Care Jobs (21)
- Deck Jobs (84)
- Engine Jobs (152)
- Entertainment Jobs (145)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (424)
- Guest Services Jobs (69)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (117)
- Management Jobs (31)
- Medical Jobs (21)
- Office Jobs (52)
- Photography Jobs (22)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (20)
- Other Jobs (20)