Viking Cruises

Corporate Trainer

Reference:
4462
Published:
September 23, 2019
Recruiter:
Viking Cruises
Category:
Land Based Jobs
Position:
Training Specialist
Salary:
not specified

Purpose of Position

The Corporate Trainer is responsible for the design, development and execution of all training emphasis delivered onboard our vessels, our support offices and with 3rd party vendors working with the Viking set of standards. This position will be 85% training delivery using face to face and blended learning approaches. The remaining 15% will be focused on design and development of training material, administration and logistics. The quality assurance will be part of the training delivery.
This role will be integral part of the learning and development team in Basel and report to the department head. Up to 15% presence at the Head Office might be required with the remaining 85% be used for training at remote locations mainly in Europe or anywhere Viking vessels are located.

RESPONSIBILITIES

Professional skills

  • Facilitate state of the art “Train the Trainer” and leadership trainings for Crew/Corporates & Head Office
  • Support and coach supervisors in the facilitation of technical skills trainings
  • Design training lessons together with the Operations
  • Leadership Coaching of shipboard leadership team members
  • Research industry trends & training strategies & tools (know the training market environment)
  • Ensure effective preparation of newcomers
  • Conduct Talent development trainings in cooperation with Onboard Operation teams and the Training and Development department

Guest Excellence

  • Conduct Train the Trainer sessions on Viking’s brand service program STAR Service, in addition to supporting shipboard management in program delivery during the Season Start
  • Create and conduct STAR Service training modules during the season for the Shipboard Teams (onboard trainings)
  • Coordinate training needs analysis for leadership topics and derive actions in close cooperation with Operations, and in alignment with Viking’s leadership philosophy, as outlined in Hávamál, The Book of Viking Leaders (Cross visits – sharing best practices)
  • Act as learning business partner to all department heads and proactively suggest appropriate improvement measures

Mindset & Values

  • Define Training & Development processes in an effective & efficient manner
  • Close alignment and prioritization of training activities with Operations

Communication & Coordination

  • Maintain close ongoing business relations with all Departments & relevant HR partners
  • Maintain good business relationships with a trusted network of training partners in all relevant area of expertise
  • Ensure efficient administration and adequate reporting of training & development measures at all times

Leadership

  • Ensure effective use of skills & resources to produce content and develop programs to meet operational needs.
  • Preparation and conduction of HM leadership trainings in cooperation with the Operation Quality Management (SOPs):
  • Collect SOP feedback from the Shipboard teams and report to the Operation teams
  • Update and design of SOPs in cooperation with the different departments

QUALIFICATION PROFILE

  • Several years of face to face training experience in the field of Hospitality or Cruise Industry within an international environment
  • Fluent written and spoken English, competency in other languages are an asset
  • Strong business acumen, exceptional work ethic and customer orientation
  • Solid communication skills (written and verbal)
  • Excellent planning and organizational abilities
  • Flexibility and willingness for co-operation and teamwork
  • Reliable and stress-resistant
  • Proactive and precise communicator
  • Communicative, inspiring and convincing personality
  • Experience in project management and leading teams
  • Must be able to deliver face to face trainings in a stressful and time-pressured environment
  • Must be able to travel internationally up to 80% of the time
  • Must be able to link theory to practice via standardized and ad-hoc industry examples

Language Requirements

Good knowledge of the English language is required.

Viking Cruises

Viking Cruises

www.vikingcruises.com/careers/

JOIN OUR FAMILY

As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.

HISTORY

Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.

RIVER

The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.

OCEAN

In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.


View all jobs