Able Seaman / Quarter Master
The Able Seaman / Quarter Master on board will stand watch as helmsman and lookout, maintain a steady course, execute all rudder orders and communicate using navigational terms relating to heading and steering.
- Handles the maintenance, cleanliness and manoeuvring of the ship;
- Secures navigational watch in order to prevent any possible hazard to the ship;
- Controls at the gangway with the Officer on duty;
- Performs the manoeuvring and the maintenance for the safety of the ship, the passengers and the Crew;
- Minimises the wastage of materials while respecting all rules relating to injury, safety and pollution preventions;
- Is capable to drive the Tender/ Lifeboat when the ship is at anchor.
- MUST BE over 18 years of age;
- STCW “Basic Training” (Basic Fire Fighting, Personal Survival Techniques, Elementary First Aid, PSSR), “ Watchkeeping Certificate” Reg.II/4 and “Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boat” are compulsory;
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken);
- School-leaving certificate;
- At least 2 years of experience in deck department and minimum 1 year of experience as Quarter Master/helmsman;
- Minimum knowledge of PC;
- Sufficient knowledge in Fire Fighting techniques and injury prevention;
- Sufficient knowledge in maintenance, technique and seamanship;
- Good knowledge of COLREG Regulation.
- VISA working permit, Entry and/or Transit VISAs may be required depending on ship itinerary;
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (71)
- Beauty Jobs (36)
- Casino Jobs (39)
- Child Care Jobs (21)
- Deck Jobs (84)
- Engine Jobs (152)
- Entertainment Jobs (145)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (424)
- Guest Services Jobs (69)
- IT Jobs (6)
- Land Based Jobs (117)
- Management Jobs (31)
- Medical Jobs (21)
- Office Jobs (52)
- Photography Jobs (22)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (35)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (20)
- Other Jobs (20)