Internship in the Purchasing Department
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
Viking Cruises is one of the world’s leading cruise line company that manages a fleet of 72 river ships and 6 ocean ships (and growing) with offices across the globe. We have our Marketing and Sales headquarters based in Los Angeles, USA and the Operational Head Quarters based out of Basel, Switzerland.
To support our Purchasing and Logistics (Ocean) team we are currently looking for an intern for three months. Starting date would be as soon as possible and this role will be located in Basel, Switzerland. Please note that we only accept candidates who are eligible to work in Switzerland or are in possession of a relevant work permit.
- Coordinate and synergize US product against European Specification
- Review product specification of Food, Beverage and Equipment products and adjust according to vendor specification
- Work closely with the shipboard team and the suppliers to ensure that all product specifications are correct
- Support on various projects
- You are currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree or higher in any related field OR
- You have finished your apprenticeship and have a passion for Supply Chain and Product Management
- You have ideally already gained first experience (e.g. internship or during apprenticeship) in Supply Chain
- You like to work in an international team
- You are fluent in English (written and spoken)
- You have a can-do mindset
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office tools
WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working hours
- Onsite employee restaurant (including free soft drinks, juices and coffee)
- Regular company events, e.g. sports games, family day, cooking classes
- A highly talented, passionate and international team
If you are interested, please apply via our website www.vikingcruises.com/about-us/careers, including your CV and a one-page cover letter in English.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.