Senior Nautical Recruiter
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Senior Nautical Recruiter is responsible for all nautical recruiting-related activities within Viking Cruises River. The main responsibility of the Senior Nautical Recruiter is to ensure a stable pipeline of accepted candidates over all vacant positions on all River vessels. This includes organizing, conducting and evaluating successful assessment centers, job fairs, career events; establish and maintain a healthy relationship with our partner agencies and representing Viking Cruises as an Employer of Choice within the cruise industry.Travel within this position is between 30 and 50 per cent within Europe.
The Senior Nautical Recruiter will report to the Director Recruiting and will be located in Basel, Switzerland. Thus, please note that we can only accept applicants who are eligible to work in Switzerland or who are in possession of a valid Swiss work permit.
- Verify recruiting profiles & selection criteria with Nautical and Technical department
- Conduct personal and Skype interviews for onboard crew and Senior Officers
- Organization and execution of assessment centers (location planning, communication with recruiting agencies, screening, selection, interviews, statistics)
- Participate in recruiting events on board and land-based throughout Europe
- Data gathering, input and control over candidate resource pool
- Research competitor conditions, visa requirements & industry trends (benchmarking) in close cooperation with HR
- Run specific marketing campaigns together with Recruiting Marketing Expert team
- Follow defined recruiting processes & policies in an effective & efficient manner to ensure given budgets and optimize if necessary
- Ensure reporting of recruiting status quo & measures at all times in line with company standards
- Maintain business relationships with a trusted network of high quality recruiting agencies, vocational schools and universities
- Graduate education within the inland shipping industry preferably including Rhine & Danube licenses
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a Captain or Officer role in the inland river cruise industry is a must
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Fluent in English, additional languages such as German/French/Dutch are a plus
- Excellent software and analytical skills (MS Office, SuccessFactors), administrative experience is an asset
- Excellent organizational and communicational skills (incl. public speaking)
- Ability to work independently but yet a team player, service-oriented and guest & candidate focused
- Positive personality and great people judgement
- Open for new ideas, honest, critical, energetic and enthusiastic
- A committed self-starter with a can-do mindset, with complete attention to detail
- Professional appearance, flexible and stress resistant
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic and fast-growing environment where you can drive your future
- A highly talented, passionate and international team
- A modern working environment with height-adjustable desks
- Employee restaurant onsite (incl. complimentary soft drinks, juices and coffee)
- A free cruise for you and your +1 every two years
- Discounts for cultural events or sport activities
- Regular company events, e.g. sports games, BBQ, cooking classes
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.