At Seabourn, we are passionate about our people. The Seabourn experience is like no other, it is luxurious, yet relaxed — elegant, yet casual — sumptuous, and yet understated. Our intimate ships visit the most desirable destinations worldwide, sailing to the heart of landmark cities, as well as to hidden gems where larger vessels cannot follow. Our ships attract interesting people, who seek to share experiences beyond the expected in places beyond the ordinary, and our acclaimed staff offers a unique style of heartfelt hospitality that is sincere, thoughtful, and personal. Seabourn is looking for experienced hospitality professionals that are looking to develop themselves, and take their career to the next level.
We are currently seeking experienced "Bartenders" to join our luxury fleet. The role of the "Bartender" is to provide exceptional service to each individual guest and to achieve the maximum revenue in the assigned outlet. Must be able to supervise the entire assigned lounge and bar. See specific requirements below:
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a 5* hotel or Cruise ship experienced
- Extensive knowledge of varying brands and quality of liquors. Excellent knowledge of Mixology is a must.
- Basic knowledge of new and old world wines and basic knowledge of cigar and cigar service.
- Basic understanding of all technical machines used within the beverage department such as draft beer machine, coffee machine, etc.
- Basic knowledge of beverage handling procedures with regard to public health standards.
- Cost awareness and full understanding of inventory control and inventory taking.
- Ability to conduct spirit tasting and cocktail demonstration in public for passengers and staff.
- Ability to read, interpret and demonstrate the preparation of drink recipes.
- Excellent open communication style.
Seabourn offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, meals, paid travel to and from the ships, exceptional amenities, and extensivelearning and recreational programs available to all of our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Seabourn family. Seabourn Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment according to our DEI (Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion) policies without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!