Onboard HR Director
Aim of the Position
As HR Director, you will be the Costa culture ambassador responsible for managing our Crew with a natural orientation to people
- Identifying and reporting potential ways to simplify HR processes by proposing valid alternatives
- Assisting Ship Management during inspections (i.e. Port State Control, HESS…)
- Running the onboard HR desk and participating in recruitment, internal mobility and talent scouting processes
- Assisting the Captain in conducting random checks on compliance, disciplinary disembarkations, ethical misconduct and onboard Crew complaints
- Coordinating the Welfare Committee to ensure high-quality Crew recreational activities and promoting diversity and inclusion initiatives
- Welcoming newly hired personnel and explaining them the main onboard rules to facilitate a smooth integration
- Overseeing the quality of learning and development activities
- Assisting Evaluators and Evaluates in managing the evaluation process
- Facilitating the resolution of potential conflicts between Crew Members
- Bachelor's degree (or foreign equivalent) from an accredited University or College in Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience managing a staff
- At least 2 years’ experience in Recruitment and Industrial Relations
- Investigation, negotiation, resolving grievances and conflicts
- Staff management, coaching and counseling
- Supervision of disciplinary action
- Efficient and good communicator
- At ease with public speaking
- Problem solving oriented
- Computer literacy
- English knowledge C1
- Other two language knowledge B2 / C1
- Italian knowledge is an advantage
- Previous shipboard experience is a plus
Good knowledge of the following languages is required: English, Italian
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?