Housekeeping Quality Manager River
Purpose of Position
The Corporate Housekeeping Quality Manager (HQM) is responsible for ensuring the highest standards in cleanliness, safety and sanitation throughout our fleet of 70+ river vessels. He/she will ensure a full compliance with Standard Operation Procedures (SOP) within the Housekeeping department, and direct and coach the Executive Housekeepers fleetwide to ensure a consistent, orderly and attractive environment onboard our vessels is maintained at all times. Furthermore, the HQM will support all Executive Housekeepers in creating an energized, professional and positive work environment for all Housekeeping crew and the delivery of exceptional guest services.
The HQM is part of the Corporate Team, reporting to the Directors of Onboard Operations, and works closely with the Corporate Operations Managers. The HQM will not have any direct report, but will be the functional leader of all 70+ Executive Housekeepers.
The location of this position should be in Central Europe, ideally in the area of our main hubs Amsterdam, Cologne, Vienna or Budapest. Regardless, it requires extensive travel (up to 80%) to visit the vessels, deliver trainings and support the operations across the whole fleet. Furthermore, visits to our operational Head Quarter in Basel, Switzerland on a regular basis are required to align with key stakeholders.
- Implement, review or create SOPs on housekeeping and laundry services
- Train and coach the team of EHK on SOP and best practices
- Support and improve the onboarding and training process of new hires
- Regularly inspect the ships, and follow up if needed with trainings and or operational initiatives, in alignment with the respective CORE team
- Monitor the Housekeeping quality and financial KPIs and act when needed with the appropriate actions to ensure targets and budgets are respected
- Proactively identify and suggest opportunities to improve the operations
- Plan and organize project teams to develop and implement new concepts
- Manage the relation across the key stakeholders onboard, corporate and head office team to work effectively towards the company targets
- Interact closely with the procurement team to identify the best products for our housekeeping operations onboard
- 3+ years Housekeeping experience in top international luxury hotels or luxury cruise industry
- Training & coaching experience. Training certification/education is a plus
- Excellent English skills (both written and spoken), professional appearance
- Proven leadership skills, with strong motivation and can-do attitude
- Strong guest focus and exceptional service excellence attitude
- Good communicator, with excellent presentations and training skills
- Ability to work independently, and prioritize allocation of time across multiple projects to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail, independent and strong team-player
- Flexible and able to work extended and/or irregular hours incl. weekends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point)
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.