Stateroom Steward m/f
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide guests at all times with friendly, personalized housekeeping service. This includes, but is not limited to, maintaining high standards and consistency of cleanliness of the guest staterooms and all public areas while providing our guests an outstanding customer service.
This document is not a definite overview of the expected responsibilities, tasks and duties. Items can be added in the future depending on the final departmental development. The holder of this statement can be asked to take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated on the paper.
- Daily cleaning of approximately 18 staterooms
- Cleaning of public areas, toilets and reception area according to requirements
- Correct handling of guest laundry
- Control and distribution of externally cleaned laundry and uniforms
- Correct and careful handling of all cleaning products, materials and housekeeping equipment
- Rotating laundry duty incl. washing, ironing and folding activities
- Distribution of daily programs, gift orders and turndown services in allocated staterooms
- Welcoming and escorting guests to their staterooms on embarkation day
- Checking and reporting technical defects of staterooms to the supervisor / reception
- Luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation day
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Organization and planning of embarkation / disembarkation
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
- Assistance in other departments upon instruction from supervisors (if required)
- Performance according to company standards and HACCP rules
- Participation in loadings
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Active participation in onboard training programs
- Participate in the departmental “Daily Reunion”
- Ensure that all guest complaints received are either settled immediately or referred to the relative party for follow up. Guest to be promptly advised of all actions taken
- Assistance in the Guest Services as required and appointed by the management
- Ability to effectively deal with internal & external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts
- Outstanding flexibility: must be able to work alone, in different times during the day as scheduled by the management, under pressure and reflect at all times, even under difficult conditions, a positive can-do attitude and the best image of Viking
- Excellent communication with other departments, especially the Guest Services, Maintenance and Food & Beverage
- Become knowledgeable about all itinerary-related ports of call and shore excursions
- Full knowledge of the daily program
- Ensure excellent knowledge about the Suite Amenity program
- Achieve/succeed the KPI goals for the department as a housekeeping team
- Strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives
- Full knowledge about safety & security procedures
- Participations in all training concerning safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company
- High school diploma required
- Minimum of 2 years previous experience required in an upscale cruise line or hotel of comparable size in the similar position in the scope of the Housekeeping department
- Good English communication skills
- Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest focused
- Must be able to deal correctly with confidential information and must be discrete
- Must be well groomed and maintain impeccable hygiene standards
- Extensive walking required and ability to stand on feet for a long time
- Hours may vary based upon organizational needs and operational demands
- Guest focused, service oriented, positive personality and professional appearance
- Flexible and stress resistant, team player, shows commitment
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
- Implement PSO policies, procedures, standards, as laid out by the management
- Ensure appropriate appearance and clothing according to the updated grooming standards
- The company reserves the right to change/extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her/his employment
Position: Stateroom Steward/ess
Gives instructions to: -
Receives instructions from: Housekeeper, Hotel Manager, Corporate Housekeeper, Corporate Operations Manager
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.