Human Resources Manager (Shipboard)
Princess sails the world connecting guests to what matters most – their loved ones, destinations and each other. We proudly deliver memorable cruise vacations to millions of guests each year, visiting all seven continents and hundreds of ports of call.
As a worldwide leader in premium cruising, Princess now offers the MedallionClass™ experience, an even more personalized vacation. Our smart ships feature everything from TrulyTouchless™ embarkation to on-demand delivery of drinks, food and more that makes cruising effortless and supports the wellbeing of our guests and teammates.
Our Princess team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
As a Human Resources Manager, you will be working in conjunction with the Shoreside Employee Relations team to implement and uphold all H.R. policies and company initiatives. You will have the opportunity to interact with management and officers from different shipboard departments to guide with Human Resources-related matters, policies, and procedures.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Efficiently and confidentially managing harassment and discrimination allegations and conducts prompt and thorough investigations as appropriate.
- Organizing and administering the Shipboard Orientation process by facilitating induction training for new hires and ensuring that all new hires participate in Departmental Orientation.
- Ensuring all appropriate documentation is promptly completed for disciplinary actions, demotions, and company-will disembarkations.
- Analyzing exit interview and new hire assessment data, monitoring crew satisfaction, and identifying issues or concerns that may affect crew morale.
- Managing Crew Welfare programs onboard by chairing the shipboard Crew Club Committee and promptly presents all crew welfare issues and funding proposals to the program steering committee (Executive Committee).
- Effectively manages the Service Loyalty Program.
- Providing consultation and coaching to shipboard management for all departmental and individual performance issues, including providing clear and concise guidance with development, delivery, and follow-up of Performance Improvement Plans and appraisal evaluations
- Overseeing the administration of the entire shipboard performance appraisal process, providing support for end-users, coaching, and training Supervisors and above on how to maximize the use of the system.
- Managing the Internal Transfer Program by providing career counseling to crew members and continually coaching onboard management in conducting interviews.
- All duties must be completed following the company Core Values and all aspects of the Service Essentials program.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources, Adult Education or related field (or international equivalent) preferred or five (5) years of experience in shipboard operations, training, or employee relations environment
- Must have an awareness of employee relations practices and procedures, including excellent investigation and dispute resolution skills
- Knowledge of various international Human Resources standards in the areas of compensation, employee relations, general benefits, employment, and staffing practices, and organizational development
- Experience in working in a multicultural environment required
- Must be computer literate, with knowledge of M.S. Office
- Strong command of the English language, both verbal and written
- Personal characteristics include leadership ability and secure presentation with public speaking skills, superb communication skills, and ability to be proactively within the department.
- Requires a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork, as well as the ability to work well under stress.
- Must possess the highest level of integrity, discretion, and judgment and can use those skills to build trusting relationships with others effectively.
- Ability to develop working relationships with operational and personnel teams; Must possess a strong commitment to excellent customer service.
- Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool, and a recreation center.
Princess Cruises offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodations, meals, exceptional amenities, and extensive learning and recreational programs available to all of our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess team.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment according to DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Our Culture Essentials… Stronger together
Speak Up – Respect & Protect – Improve – Communicate – Listen & Learn – Empower
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
Princess offers a fast-paced work environment with great opportunities for career development in a wide range of areas. Our goal is to be the employer of choice in the cruise industry. Regardless of the rank or role, we are one team with one dream at Princess Cruises and Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.