Good Spirits Bartender
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 19 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment, and amenities. Princess Cruises is the employer of choice in the cruise industry. We offer exceptional facilities and extensive learning and recreational programs for our crew.
Join our team, and you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless. Working for Princess Cruises is ideal if you are looking to take your career to the next level and enjoy a challenging and unique environment. As a Good Spirits Bartender, you will be providing quality bar service to every guest in alignment with Company standards to delight and serve our guests while maximizing revenue.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Provides – and coaches all junior staff to provide – an immediate positive first impression to every guest through a warm, welcoming individual greeting
- Consistently will coach staff to interact with every guest, observe and identify guests’ preferences and adjust service accordingly, anticipate guests’ needs, and engage in conversation while showing genuine interest at all times.
- Always responds promptly – and coaches junior staff to respond promptly – to resolve guest requests and concerns, following up with guests as appropriate, and escalating/reporting to the Bar Supervisor as necessary.
- Regularly coaches’ staff to nurture a memorable connection with every guest by remaining engaged through the completion of service.
- Routinely highlights the Good Spirits theme and any special offers associated with the location to guests.
- Assists, hosts, and provide training to the bar staff; to expose all to the craft cocktails available in the Good Spirits location, along with an overview of the experience.
- Follows the Good Spirits uniform standards, and the Company’s grooming policies.
- Preferably a graduate of a recognized Hotel/Bar operation or bar school.
- Two years of experience in hospitality/cruise-related bartender position.
- Must have experience with Molecular Mixology or Bar shows.
- Experience and knowledge of USPH, the Beverage Industry, specializing in Wines, Cocktails, Spirits and all other beverage-related products including the service execution of all of the above.
- Excellent man-management and Bartending skills, able to develop and motivate and lead a large team.
Outgoing personality and entertainment skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions which positively impact the overall guest experience.
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written.
Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, shared cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool, and a recreation center.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment according to DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Our Culture Essentials… Stronger together
Speak Up – Respect & Protect – Improve – Communicate – Listen & Learn – Empower
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
As a worldwide leader in premium cruising, Princess now offers the MedallionClass™ experience, an even more personalized vacation. Our smart ships feature everything from TrulyTouchless™ embarkation to on-demand delivery of drinks, food and more that makes cruising effortless and supports the wellbeing of our guests and teammates.
Our Princess team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
As part of the Princess family, you’ll gain valuable cruise ship career experience representing one of the largest cruise lines in the world. We are extremely passionate about our work and offer a variety of reward programs to recognize employees who go above and beyond to provide our guests the best possible vacation experience.
Join our team and enjoy an adventurous career with great incentives, unlimited growth and worldwide travel opportunities.