P&O Cruises - Assistant Entertainment Manager
We are currently recruiting for an Assistant Entertainment Manager on board our P&O ships. Join us and you will discover that working at sea is more than just a job. It is a way of life. As a market leader in the cruise industry, we operate spectacular P&O ships all over the world. One of the main attractions for our guests is our world-class entertainment, and the Assistant Entertainment Manager is required to support the Entertainment Manager to provide an exciting onboard programme and to ensure an efficient operation of all aspects.
Are you someone who is adaptable at delivering a variety of activities in an ever-changing environment? Do you express yourself easily and are good at explaining things clearly to your team and to all guests? Are you composed under pressure and organised so that you are able to respond quickly and calmly to changes? Do you love to make a difference and deliver an exceptional service to all guests to ensure unforgettable holiday happiness?
The role of Assistant Entertainment Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Effectively manae team ensuring a smooth and professional entertainment programme is achieved.
- Complete appraisals identifying development opportunities.
- Deputise for the Entertainment Manager, ensuring the efficient operation of all aspects of the Entertainment department, including Production and Youth departments.
- Ensure all performances and activities meet the agreed standards and identify areas of improvement, actively working to exceed the expectations of passengers and improve customer satisfaction scores.
- Collaborate with other departments to plan revenue generating events.
- Provide a highly visible presence during key entertainment activities and passenger events.
- Create lecture timetables and book lectures into the planner. Meet and greet Lecturers and guest entertainers upon arrival and brief them on programme information and itineraries. Act as a point of contact for VIP guests and arrange private briefings to update them on activities and schedules.
If this sounds like you, and you have experience of:
- Delivering entertainment programmes either in a UK holiday setting or overseas resort
- Working within the Entertainment on board another cruise ship
- Supervising or managing a large team
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
We are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
Carnival UK is a market leader in the cruise industry, widely recognised by our famous brands P&O Cruises and Cunard. We operate ships all over the world and provide unforgettable holiday experiences to our guests. At Carnival UK, we are about to go through a huge amount of growth and with 2 new ships on the horizon, Carnival UK has big plans for the future!
At Carnival UK as part of Carnival Corporation, our highest responsibility and top priorities are to operate safely, to protect the environment, and to be in compliance everywhere we operate in the world. On this foundation, we aspire to deliver unmatched joyful vacations for our Guests, always exceeding their expectations. We are committed to a positive and just corporate culture, based on inclusion and the power of diversity. We operate with integrity, trust and respect for each other - seeking collaboration, candour, openness and transparency at all times. And we intend to be an exemplary corporate citizen leaving the people and the places we touch even better.