2nd Electrical Officer
Department: Electro Tech
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Chief Electrical Officer
Is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the electrical plant and associated electrical systems. And work with in the Electrical team together and independent.
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of Electrical/Electronic systems as directed by the Chief Electrical Engineer.
- Must be familiar with standard electrical safety routines.
- Must be familiar with both High and Low Voltage electrical distribution systems.
- Assist with in the Electrical team for repairs on, but not limited to: Power distribution systems (such as UPS/Inverter systems, EL Substations etc), Internal communication systems (such as Telephone, PA systems), Safety systems (such as repairs on Fire Detection, Fire Door and Water Tight Door Control and Indication System), Engine Room electrical systems (Such as IAMCS, Pump Starters etc), Hotel systems (such as Elevators, Light systems etc).
- Assist IT with external communications when needed.
- Always inform the Duty Engineer before electrical work is started, and ensure they are aware of what systems will be affected.
- To be familiar with and execute the Seabourn HESS-MS appropriate to their position.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Has completed Schooling as a Ship’s Electrician, or Electrical Engineer
- Prior work experience with SBN preferred
- 2-3 years Sea-going Electrical Engineer or Electronic Engineer experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!