Food Beverage Manager (Bar Manager)
Department: Guest Svc
Employment Type: Permanent
Reporting To: Food Beverage Director
Set a course for adventure with Princess Cruises! The employer of choice in the cruise industry, our fleet of Love Boats offer exceptional facilities and extensive professional development and recreational programs for our valued teammates who hail from more than 60 countries around the globe.
An iconic brand beloved by millions, we love people who love what they do and work together to help our guests create a lifetime of wonderful memories while providing friendly, attentive and authentic service like only Princess can.
As a member of the Princess Family, you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited opportunities for growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
- Ensures that all Bar staff provide an immediate positive first impression to every passenger through a warm, welcoming individual greeting.
- Regularly circulates among beverage areas to resolve irregularities, problems, and special situations in which staff members require senior-level guidance or assistance and to gather feedback on product delivery and service.
- Consistently coaches all Bar staff to interact with every passenger, observe and identify passengers' preferences and adjust service accordingly, anticipate passengers' needs, and engage in conversation while showing genuine interest at all times.
- Monitors the OBEs of all beverage service areas including Inside Lounges, Dining Room, Bellbox, Horizon Court, and Open Deck areas, in conjunction with the Food and Beverage Director, and provides prompt feedback to staff on their performance.
- Discuss customer feedback regularly with Bar personnel, providing guidance as necessary.
- Ensures that hours, staffing levels, and beverage service execution are correct in all Public Lounges, Dining Room, Horizon Court, Bellbox, Crew Bar/Wardroom, and Open Deck areas.
- Ensures all beverage areas have the correct setup, appearance, and ambiance.
- Regularly reviews work procedures and operational problems to determine ways to improve revenue yield, service, and team performance.
- Assumes responsibility for revenue produced in all beverage outlets.
- Set achievable daily Bar revenue targets per guidance from shoreside operations and Food and Beverage Director.
- Analyzes daily revenues critically according to overall performance, location, and beverage sub-category to allow Food and Beverage Director to plan corrective action.
- Observes each crewmember’s performance using role descriptions as a guide and delivers prompt and appropriate correction, improvement, or reinforcement.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Graduate of a recognized hotel/catering school (Preferred).
- Three to five years of experience in a Hospitality setting in a Food and Beverage Management role.
- Cruise Ship's experience is strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in all aspects of hotel/cruise ship beverage operations.
- Strategic planner, with an innovative, hands-on, practical management approach.
- Ability to lead and motivate employees in pursuit of company goals.
- Ability to work independently and resolve complex issues from crew and management
- Understanding of the foundation of guest service; ability and willingness to deliver outstanding service to our guests.
- Personable communicator with outstanding social skills and a warm, friendly, and caring personality.
- Ability to continuously surprise and delight guests throughout their cruise experience.
- Commitment to establish and maintain courteous and professional working relationships in a diverse cultural environment.
Princess Cruises offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, Single cabin accommodations, meals, exceptional amenities, and extensive learning and recreational programs available to all our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess team. Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our Culture Essentials… Stronger together
Speak Up – Respect & Protect – Improve – Communicate – Listen & Learn – Empower
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
As a worldwide leader in premium cruising, Princess now offers the MedallionClass™ experience, an even more personalized vacation. Our smart ships feature everything from TrulyTouchless™ embarkation to on-demand delivery of drinks, food and more that makes cruising effortless and supports the wellbeing of our guests and teammates.
Our Princess team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
As part of the Princess family, you’ll gain valuable cruise ship career experience representing one of the largest cruise lines in the world. We are extremely passionate about our work and offer a variety of reward programs to recognize employees who go above and beyond to provide our guests the best possible vacation experience.
Join our team and enjoy an adventurous career with great incentives, unlimited growth and worldwide travel opportunities.