Waiter will perform the functions of the restaurant sequence of service and all essential duties and responsibilities outlined below. These locations include but are not limited to Main Dining Room, Windjammer, and Specialty Restaurants.
1. Learns and uses appropriate food and wine terminology and pronunciation. Becomes knowledgeable of menu descriptions and wine lists in order to discuss items appropriately and to enhance the guests' dining experience.
2. Provides on-the-job leadership and guidance to Assistant Waiters to strengthen their current performance and in preparation for possible advancement to a Waiter position.
3. Obtains linen, silverware, glassware, and china to set tables.
4. Arranges settings on tables per The Royal Way.
5. Greets and escorts guests, where applicable to their assigned seats, or to available seating, per The Royal Way.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!