Collect soiled linen, sorting, washing, ironing, dry cleaning and transferring linen to the use areas.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare soiled linen for washing
- Sorting linen by degree of soil and type of fabric
- Ensure linen is free of garbage and sorted by color
- Check for any tears or damage of all clothes from guests and crew before washing and report any bad condition to the Laundry Master
- Load, using properly weighted loads and select proper formula on washers
- Laundering of all onboard linen, Guest's clothes, Crew's clothes and uniforms
- Ironing and dry cleaning
- Inform the Laundry Master about any malfunction on finishing equipment or problems with safety mechanisms
- Proper use of chemicals
- Fold and stack linen on shelves
- Cleaning of all equipment
- Cleaning dryer lint screens
- Check safety devices, turning on steam, water and air valves
- Check iron roll pressure
- Report leaking valves, damaged insulation, air and water path
- Keep the work area safe, clean, sanitized and organized
- Fully aware of the OPP plan and follows all protocols for handling infected linens at all times
- Other duties may be assigned. Understand and can apply in work practices environmental policies and procedures concerning such functions as collection, sorting and disposal of solid wastes and use of chemicals associated with cleaning, dry cleaning and laundry operations.
Minimum two to three years Laundry experience in a Cruise or 4-5 Star Hotels
Ability to apply customer service skills according to Royal Caribbean International’s The Royal Way when interacting with guests and coworkers.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!