Yacht Steward (Shipboard)
Yacht Steward (Shipboard)
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Beverage Director
Sets-up, breaks-down and maintains cleanliness of pool decks and other public outdoor areas while supporting Servers and Server Assistants, Mixologists and Bar Servers with the delivery of world class relaxed Luxury Food & Beverage service with the goal of creating guests for life. Responsible for placing and removing chase lounges and other pool furniture daily. Retrieving clean, folding, distributing, picking-up and returning dirty pool towels. Providing water for guests and outdoor venues and assisting wait staff with delivering food and clearing dishes.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Supporting service roles in various venues with a particular emphasis on setting up and maintaining outdoor venues, pools and furniture, by providing both direct service to guests as well as support to serving team
- Setting up, cleaning and breaking down decks and service areas in accordance with brand and public health standards
- Anticipating and responding to the needs of guests and Ladies and Gentlemen by ensuring all supplies are readily available before and during service, maintaining a clean, safe and accident-free environment
- Providing technically proficient, efficient and personalized Luxury Food & Beverage service to guests in a courteous and professional manner
- Proactively seeks information on expected business volume and coordinates with supporting roles to ensure appropriate amount of materials is distributed to each venue accordingly
- Ensuring Compliance with Public Health and all Safety and Labor Regulations
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- Good knowledge and experience in Public Health Rules and Regulations related to USPH and HACCP
- Previous experience in a five-star cruise restaurant environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Designed to combine the luxury lifestyle of The Ritz-Carlton® and the casual freedom of a yachting vacation, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will offer voyages on the first of three custom-built yachts in 2020. Calling on unique and distinguished destinations alike, most voyages range from seven to ten nights, offering many overnight calls and uniquely curated experiences ashore. Each yacht will feature 149 suites, each with its own private terrace, and accommodate up to 298 guests in a relaxed, casually elegant atmosphere. As with The Ritz-Carlton® on land, each yacht will feature personalized service, elevated dining and luxury amenities.