Tailor - Linenkeeper (Shipboard)
Tailor - Linenkeeper (Shipboard)
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Executive Housekeeper
The Tailor - Linenkeeper is responsible for managing all Uniform and Linen inventory in the stores and in circulation on board the Yacht utilizing the Inventory Management System. Executing minor tailoring of guest clothing, uniform linen when necessary. Organizes the daily circulation of linen and towels and the employee laundry service for uniform and personal clothing. Manages the issuing and return of uniform for Ladies and Gentlemen embarking and disembarking the Yacht.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Assists the Executive Housekeeper in managing the inventory and distribution of Linen and Uniform onboard the Yacht. Responsible for the inventory in the hotel stores and in-circulation
- Responsible to identify damaged uniform and linen, repairs where possible or records the wear and tear in the company's inventory system. Identifies the cause and reports financial and operational impact to the Executive Housekeeper
- Participates in storing operations on board and executes physical inventories and inventory spot checks with as instructed by the Executive Housekeeper and as per inventory schedule. Strives to minimize inventory levels while ensuring sufficient stock levels to operate the department smoothly. Consistently works with the team to minimize waste, breakage and wear and tear and follows proper procedures when disposing garbage
- Enforces strict Public Health practices and follows United States Public Health (USPH) standards within the linen and uniform stores including but not limited to cleaning and maintenance, temperature recording, store organization, self-inspections and Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Executes minor tailor projects for guest and employee clothing, uniforms, soft furnishing and linen as necessary or requested by the supervisor
- Prepares goods requested in the inventory system for distribution and records the goods distributed following the FIFO concept where applicable. Assists in producing replenishment orders for all articles under his / her management
- Assists the laundry team with the linen handling when necessary and possible
- Adheres to the Outbreak Prevention and Response Plan in case of an outbreak
- Creates and monitors maintenance requests for non-functional equipment and any other topics affecting the linen and tailor operation and ensures problems are resolved in an acceptable timeframe and escalates delays to the supervisor
- Receives and returns employee laundry and ensures that laundry services are charged to the onboard folios in the company's Point of Sales System, following the benefit grid and employee pricing
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- Very good knowledge and experience in the operation and distribution of linen, uniform, towels and related articles. Advanced understanding of processes and procedures in the Cruise and Hotel industry, including inventory management, operating budgets and audit procedures
- Very good knowledge and experience in Public Health rules and regulations related to United States Public Health (USPH)
- Sound knowledge of Property Management, Point of Sales and Inventory Management systems in the capacity of an advanced user
- Previous experience on-board a luxury cruise ship as a Tailor - Linenkeeper or similar role is required. In addition, experience in a luxury hospitality environment is preferred
- Good knowledge of MS Office package or similar applications in particular Excel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Designed to combine the luxury lifestyle of The Ritz-Carlton® and the casual freedom of a yachting vacation, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will offer voyages on the first of three custom-built yachts in 2020. Calling on unique and distinguished destinations alike, most voyages range from seven to ten nights, offering many overnight calls and uniquely curated experiences ashore. Each yacht will feature 149 suites, each with its own private terrace, and accommodate up to 298 guests in a relaxed, casually elegant atmosphere. As with The Ritz-Carlton® on land, each yacht will feature personalized service, elevated dining and luxury amenities.