Security Officer (Shipboard)
Security Officer (Shipboard)
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Chief Officer
As the Chief Officer’s deputy in all security related matters and the head of the Security Department, the Security Officer ensures the safety of the yacht, employees and guests by implementing and enforcing the yacht’s security policies and ensuring ISPS standards are maintained at all times. The Security Officer is assisted in his / her duties by a team of Security Guards and the Security Team controls and supervises all access points to the yacht. The Security Officer acts as liaison with shore Port Facility Security Officers and other governmental officials, manages the Declaration of Security process and ensures adequate screening of all personnel, luggage, provisions and stores prior to coming onboard the yacht. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Assists the Chief Officer in all SSO duties, including DOS, ISPS compliance, maintaining visitor logs, visitor requests, key control, restricted area control, establishing security rounds etc.
- Ensures the utmost security of our guests and Ladies and Gentlemen, the Security Officer will conduct port security assessments when required
- Supervises all cabin and suite searches and assists with investigations and reports, as directed by the Master
- Ensures all security equipment is maintained to the highest standards and operates as designed. She/he will ensure planned maintenance assigned to the security department is properly conducted and reported
- Arrange and co-ordinate security related training for employees and performs security briefings for new employees
- Responsible for the below Deck Department Responsibilities as defined in the Company’s Safety Management System; Key Systems and Safes, Security and Discipline
- Supports newbuild operations to include work in the shipyard as appropriate
- Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
- Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
- Sets the department’s expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
- Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
- Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- Ship Security Officer course
- Three (3) years’ experience as a Security Officer onboard a cruise vessel
- Excellent command of the English Language
- Exceptional knowledge of modern shipboard security equipment and operations, up to date knowledge of global security threats and delivery techniques
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Designed to combine the luxury lifestyle of The Ritz-Carlton® and the casual freedom of a yachting vacation, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will offer voyages on the first of three custom-built yachts in 2020. Calling on unique and distinguished destinations alike, most voyages range from seven to ten nights, offering many overnight calls and uniquely curated experiences ashore. Each yacht will feature 149 suites, each with its own private terrace, and accommodate up to 298 guests in a relaxed, casually elegant atmosphere. As with The Ritz-Carlton® on land, each yacht will feature personalized service, elevated dining and luxury amenities.