Electro-Technical Assistant (Shipboard)
Electro-Technical Assistant (Shipboard)
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: First Electro-Technical Officer
The Electro-Technical Assistant (ETA) is supporting the electro-technical officers with any repairs, maintenance and modifications of all onboard electrical equipment and providing basic electrical services for the comfort of our guests and Ladies and Gentlemen. They follow up service requests via issue track system and provides general upkeeping of the electrical installations.
In carrying out their duties, the Electro-Technical Assistant (ETA) works in close co-operation with the First Electro-Technical Officer and other team members to ensure the highest standards of safety, security, public health, environmental compliance, and guest services are maintained. Promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- The ETA ensures uninterrupted hotel service as advised by the electro-technical officers. They carry out all basic electrical repairs related to galley & laundry equipment, portable electrical equipment, motor replacements and bearing changes for deck, machinery & hotel equipment.
- Carries out elevator inspections under supervision of the responsible Electro-Technical Officer, at all times considering all relevant safety aspects and with least possible disturbance of hotel and vessel operations.
- Ensures all complaints received from guests and Ladies and Gentlemen are swiftly resolved, and appropriate follow up is coordinated with the Third Electro-Technical Officer and the hotel department.
- Inspects on regular rounds all public and service spaces for replacement of failed light bulbs or damaged switches/sockets, ensuring minimum disruption and inconvenience to guests and employees.
- Installs new equipment and cables and assists with yacht modifications when necessary.
- Carries out inventory of electrical stock and consumables as advised by the electro-technical officers.
- Valid STCW III/7 certification as Electro-Technical Rating
- All required STCW certificates of proficiency according to position
- At least three (3) years previous experience on a cruise vessel in equivalent rank
- Certification of vocational training as professional electrician
- Good command of the English language
- Exceptional knowledge of modern luxury shipboard equipment, systems, and operations
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Designed to combine the luxury lifestyle of The Ritz-Carlton® and the casual freedom of a yachting vacation, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will offer voyages on the first of three custom-built yachts in 2020. Calling on unique and distinguished destinations alike, most voyages range from seven to ten nights, offering many overnight calls and uniquely curated experiences ashore. Each yacht will feature 149 suites, each with its own private terrace, and accommodate up to 298 guests in a relaxed, casually elegant atmosphere. As with The Ritz-Carlton® on land, each yacht will feature personalized service, elevated dining and luxury amenities.