Assistant IT & Broadcast Manager (Shipboard)
Assistant IT & Broadcast Manager (Shipboard)
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Technology Manager; Senior Manager Infrastructure & Architecture (Shoreside)
The Assistant IT & Broadcast Manager is responsible for the setup, operation and maintenance of the electronic equipment used for broadcast and IT purposes. As a member of the Technology department, this role targets and acquires satellite reception for the purpose of broadcast television while absorbing and scheduling digital media for playback on the internal broadcast television system and assisting the IT manager with the daily operations. The Assistant IT & Broadcast Manager performs basic troubleshooting and routine maintenance of the yacht’s broadcast and IT equipment as well as in‐suite television troubleshooting. This role focuses on the set up and operation of audio / video equipment including microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, and related electronic equipment for special events including presentations and meetings.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Operates all Broadcast head‐end distribution, TVRO Satellite Antennas, Interactive TV Systems, Digital Media and Digital Signage
- Maintains HD / SD Broadcast Systems and signal flow
- Liaises with both guests and employees on all TV and Broadcast related requests
- Supports the Technology Manager by providing maintenance and ongoing support for all servers, computers, tablets, printers, networks and users onboard
- Assist the Technology Manager with all embarkation and debarkation processes related to IT, system connectivity and communication with all PMS and POS related software
- Proactively monitors the health of all network systems and applications on a daily basis to ensure maximum up time
- Assist the IT Manager in the day to day operations
- Ensures that all IT tickets are being timely worked on / escalated if needed to IT Manager and shoreside
- Ensures regular and scheduled backups of all server-based systems onboard
- Works with IT Manager on creating detailed SOPs , maintaining existing SOPs and ensuring all SOPs and handover notes are properly organized, structured and accessible
- Strives to provide excellent and satisfying service meeting the needs of L&G guest and employees
- Manages the broadcast equipment, software and content onboard. Ensures that the equipment is maintained, and content is up to date. Maintains SAT TV reception, live broadcast and digital signage
- Executes physical inventories and inventory spot checks as per inventory schedule. Strives to minimize inventory levels while ensuring sufficient stock levels to operate the department smooth. Consistently works towards minimizing waste, breakage and wear and tear
- Provides after-hours support for broadcast and IT related problems
- Performs regular technical checks, preventative maintenance on Broadcast and IT equipment and ensures that the Broadcast Center and Data Centers are clean and organized, while maintaining a safe work environment
- Creates and monitors maintenance requests for non-functional equipment and any other topics affecting the operation of the Broadcast Center and ensures problems are resolved in an acceptable timeframe and escalates delays to the Technology Manager
- Conducts troubleshooting, installation, research, documentation, and cabling tasks
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- Associate Degree in Video Production or equivalent work experience of a minimum two years (preferred in the cruise industry)
- Experience in a 4- or 5-star cruise line, hotel, restaurant, lounge or resort is necessary
- Experience with Broadcast head‐end distribution, TVRO Satellite Antennas, Interactive TV Systems, Digital Media and Digital Signage preferred
- Strong knowledge in PC and MAC hardware & software maintenance and repair; including Windows
- Knowledge in networking and capability to perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting
- Professional audio equipment operation and maintenance procedures knowledge
- Interactive TV hardware and software support knowledge
- Strong knowledge and troubleshooting of the following: server ingest of on-air TV content, scheduling of playback of on-air TV content and satellite TV systems
- Proficient in all aspects of our complex Infrastructure; Server, Network, Security, Storage, PBX, DECT, Satellite, GSM, Wi-Fi, PC’s, including software applications and hardware
- Experience with AV switching, video encoding/decoding, and file transcoding is a plus
- Knowledgeable of IP technology. Familiarity with current IT practices and TCP/IP addressing
- Troubleshooting skills, basic repair skills, and ability to strip cables, crimp connectors and soldering
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Designed to combine the luxury lifestyle of The Ritz-Carlton® and the casual freedom of a yachting vacation, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will offer voyages on the first of three custom-built yachts in 2020. Calling on unique and distinguished destinations alike, most voyages range from seven to ten nights, offering many overnight calls and uniquely curated experiences ashore. Each yacht will feature 149 suites, each with its own private terrace, and accommodate up to 298 guests in a relaxed, casually elegant atmosphere. As with The Ritz-Carlton® on land, each yacht will feature personalized service, elevated dining and luxury amenities.