Rooms Division Supervisor (Japanese Speaking)
Department: Rooms Division
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Set a course for adventure with Princess Cruises! The employer of choice in the cruise industry, our fleet of Love Boats offer exceptional facilities and extensive professional development and recreational programs for our valued teammates who hail from more than 60 countries around the globe.
An iconic brand beloved by millions, we love people who love what they do and work together to help our guests create a lifetime of wonderful memories while providing friendly, attentive and authentic service like only Princess can.
As a member of the Princess Family, you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited opportunities for growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
- Ensures that Company and Public Health standards of housekeeping, sanitation, maintenance, and related services in guests and teammates public areas as well as guests and officers’ staterooms are always upheld.
- Co-owns and monitors the Housekeeping performance through the Quality Assurance strategy and company issued standards.
- Performs daily inspections to ensure consistent cleanliness, sanitization, presentation and timely readiness of guest and teammate public areas.
- Drives and optimizes the use of OCEAN Hospitality and GuestView Housekeeping tools to ensure personnel deliver a truly personalized service to guests.
- Accountable for the Housekeeping operation in guest and teammate public areas as well as guests and officers’ rooms, including problem resolution and all Service Excellence related guest inquiries.
- Regularly monitors guest feedback, Service Excellence platform and OBE information to identify trends that might compromise the guest experience.
- Ensures guest group activities and setups performed by personnel always meet the required standards and time frame.
- Identifies and communicates furnishing requirements to the Assistant Rooms Division Manager (for guest and teammate public areas) and Rooms Division Manager (for officer and guest rooms).
- Consistently exceeds the Housekeeping defined targets, by driving a personalized guest and teammate centric & experience culture, reducing friction points and mitigating negative surprises.
- Ensures utilization of Princess MedallionClass products, services and applications to drive engagement in delivering a guest and teammates centric experience.
- Enforces accountability and ownership of the Service Excellence platform and philosophy.
- Responsible for guest satisfaction, supporting the teams to provide timely, effective, and personalized resolutions, while driving down ship specific post cruise complaints.
- Partners closely with the Rooms Division Manager, Assistant Rooms Division Manager and other shipboard leaders to capture best practices and shares insights on operational efficiencies.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Minimum two (2) years of Housekeeping work experience in a Supervisory role in a comparable premium hospitality environment.
- Must have a clear understanding of Public Health and Environmental requirements relating to the servicing of public areas.
- Excellent command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Good command of the Japanese language, both verbal and written.
- Understanding of the foundation of customer service; ability and willingness to deliver outstanding service to our guests.
- Motivation to excel in all aspects of job duties and responsibilities.
- Personable communicator with outstanding social skills and a warm, friendly, and caring personality.
- Willingness to embrace all Company values and Service Credo and lead by example.
- Commitment to continuously display and deliver genuine care to our guests and staff and surprise and delight guests throughout their cruise experience.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to a variety of circumstances.
Princess Cruises offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, double cabin accommodations, meals, exceptional amenities, and extensive learning and recreational programs available to all our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess team. Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment according to DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin or disability.
Good knowledge of the Japanese language is required.
Our Culture Essentials… Stronger together
Speak Up – Respect & Protect – Improve – Communicate – Listen & Learn – Empower
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
As a worldwide leader in premium cruising, Princess now offers the MedallionClass™ experience, an even more personalized vacation. Our smart ships feature everything from TrulyTouchless™ embarkation to on-demand delivery of drinks, food and more that makes cruising effortless and supports the wellbeing of our guests and teammates.
Our Princess team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
As part of the Princess family, you’ll gain valuable cruise ship career experience representing one of the largest cruise lines in the world. We are extremely passionate about our work and offer a variety of reward programs to recognize employees who go above and beyond to provide our guests the best possible vacation experience.
Join our team and enjoy an adventurous career with great incentives, unlimited growth and worldwide travel opportunities.