Public Area Attendant
This Position maintains all public areas, crew Public Areas, outer deck (Pools and Jacuzzis) and all public restrooms, in a clean and orderly condition by performing essential duties and responsibilities described underneath. The Public Area attendants could be used in different areas on a rotation basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues throughout the ship.
- Operates steam cleaning equipment/machines, scrapers, brooms and a variety of hand and power tools. Uses a variety of cleaners and chemicals depending on the cleaning needs. Mixes water and detergents in a container to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Cleans public bathrooms, elevators, offices and crew corridors in areas not under the responsibility of a BASO.
- Cleans carpet, upholstery, floors, walls, ceilings, draperies, windows, and area accessories to remove effects of smoke, water and other damages such as dirt, soot, stains, mildew, and excess water and moisture.
- Sprays or fogs carpet, upholstery, and accessories with fabric conditioners and protectors, clean and sanitize. Dusts furniture and washes windows, walls, ceilings, woodwork, and door panels. Polishes brass and other metal fixtures.
- Notifies management of all malfunctions, safety, security, maintenance-related issues, etc.
- Maintains cleaning supplies and equipment in good working order. Makes recommendations for the requisitions of supplies and equipment when needed.
- Maintains current knowledge of the ship’s regular events and special functions by reviewing all available data (daily Compass, etc.) in order to provide guests with accurate information to answer questions.
- Assist food service personnel in the collection of soiled glasses, china, cutlery, etc., throughout the vessel and transports to designated collection areas.
- Empties and cleans wastebaskets and ash trays and transports trash to disposal area.
- Transports guests’ luggage to assigned areas during embarkation and disembarkation.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Maintains a safe, clean and sanitary pool area for guests and shipboard employees, including the turf. Follows procedures to open and close the pool each day. Assist Life Guard on duty to attach and detach net over the pool.
- Enforces Pool Deck lounge chairs reservation SOP’s.
- Makes sure that wet floors are constantly mopped/dried.
- Observes general safety regulations are followed, responds to any type of emergency by dialing 911.
- Maintains deck furniture in a clean and orderly fashion. Stacks chairs and transports to assigned areas. Inspects deck chairs on a daily basis for condition of straps (if damaged, heavily stained or missing, replace immediately), and inspects for leg caps (if missing replace immediately).
- Issues / tracks towels for guests according to the Pool Towel Policy. Folds towels on port days and transports towels to the towel station.
- Cleans and sanitizes pool area and spa showerheads on a monthly schedule. Follows shipboard cleaning schedules to ensure periodic deep cleaning of the pools and Jacuzzis.
- Performs a variety of duties when the pool area is closed.
- Children Swimming Pool Life Jackets should be monitored, cleaned and sanitized on a daily basis.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Minimum one-year previous cleaning experience, preferably in a 4- or 5-star hotel.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, requirements and use of equipment.
- Knowledge of proper chemical handling.
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Royal Caribbean International’s SOP’s, when interacting with guests and coworkers.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!