Onboard Crew Counselor
The mental health professional is expected to support the emotional and mental health needs of the general crew population. The Counselor will provide counselling services, with appropriate discretion and confidentiality, to individuals and groups to promote optimum emotional and mental health.
Qualifications And Education
• Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological theory and research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
• Knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, and cultures and their history and origins.
Education and Experience:
• Minimum 3 year of experience in the field.
• Master’s degree/Licensed in psychology, counseling or a related field required.
• Appropriate state credentials and licensing required.
• English Required Advanced Level, Second Language Preferred: Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions
• While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear, and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Extensive travel from ship to ship with varying accommodations and resting opportunities require good health. Active management of health through diet and exercise is a key for prolonged success in the position.
• All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal, and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency, including the lowering of lifeboats. The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Work Hours: office hours 7-days a week and help in any emergency situations.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!