Be the Consummate Host by managing assigned production staff to deliver safely functioning and well-maintained entertainment technical systems in support of a dynamic, engaging, and memorable entertainment and activities program.
- Maintain technical performance standards of the designated Lounge as set by the Artistic & supervisory team.
- Ensure that all safety standards are met and that safety rules are followed by the Production Staff.
- Learn and master the audio equipment and mix for Cabaret Shows, Cruise Staff events and other various events.
- Learn and master the lighting equipment for specific shows in the designated Lounge.
- Understand the rigging equipment.
- Schedule Production Staff within the designated Lounge in accordance with the Entertainment schedule.
- Maintain adequate levels of supplies, reporting any shortages to the technical department.
- Schedule with onboard Technical department, any maintenance and repair within the designated Lounge as required.
- Communicate daily with the Senior Production Manager to ensure continuity within the department.
- Communication with Supervisors, Bandleaders, Guest Entertainers as required.
- Assist Senior Production Manager with appraising the performance of the Production Staff and initiate recommendations for promotion and discipline in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Promote a positive spirit of unity within the Production team.
- The equipment this position uses that requires some knowledge and skill for usage:
- Mechanized stage equipment, set pieces, rigging and audio equipment
- ETC: Expression 3x Lighting Console
- Moving mirror fixtures
- Crest audio mixing consoles incorporating the use of matrix, VCA’s and buses
- Yamaha O1V Digital Mixing Consoles
- DMX networks
- Equipment includes the use of compressors, gates effects processors and playback sources (DA88, CD and MD)
- Computers with Windows operating system
- All show related hardware
- Previous cruise ship's experience or in alternative high volume theatrical/venues experience in an equvalent role.
- Must hold a Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Theatre with major studies in Stage.
- Management and/or have related Theatre work experience.
- Must be computer literate and have experience with Windows operating system, Word and Excel.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Fluent English language skills.
Along with a challenging career and worldwide travel opportunities, Princess Cruises offers many other benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, single cabin accommodations, meals, and access to crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool and a recreation center.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess Cruises team. Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 18 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
Princess offers a fast-paced work environment with great opportunities for career development in a wide range of areas. Our goal is to be the employer of choice in the cruise industry. Regardless of the rank or role, we are one team with one dream at Princess Cruises.
Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.