Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Purpose of Position
Supervise and maintain the cleanliness of all Galley Outlets, Pot & Dish Washing Machines and adjacent areas assigned to the Food & Beverage Department. Ensure that Maintenance Requests are posted, efficiently communicated and followed up with the respective departments. Assist the Executive Chef in any tasks related to the Galley Operation. Comply with USPH rules and regulations.
- Must be familiar with the entire operation and have full understanding USPH Rules and Regulations.
- Must monitor the daily working hours of all Galley Utilities of its accuracy and check all entries.
- Ensures that subordinates follow their schedules and produce the required tasks as per job descriptions on a daily basis.
- Control the garbage segregation as per Company’s Policies, train staff accordingly.
- Ensure that assigned crew are well groomed and in proper uniform when reporting for duty.
- Maintain a fluent communication between his/her subordinates and peers alike.
- Train and motivate staff accordingly.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of all galley Storage Areas (Galley Locker, Chemical locker, cleaning lockers)
- Responsible for the cleanliness and working condition of all Cleaning and Washing equipment, must report any damages or malfunctions to the Executive Chef / Executive Sous chef.
- Providing all Galley Outlets with the necessary Cleaning Material & Chemical on a daily basis as required.
- Monitor chemical consumption and cleaning materials.
- Avoid the loss and breakage of equipment.
- Supervise and assist the dish wash areas during the peak hours to prevent Equipment Loss and Breakage.
- Must have all outlets ready for any announced or unannounced Public Health Inspection, either done by the Food & Beverage Director or local authorities.
- Must be familiar with all relevant events regarding the F&B operation to ensure that all venues are set on time: kitchen tables, cooking demo, juice station, galley tours, etc...
- Assist the Provision Team during Loadings.
- Must keep the Executive Chef informed regarding the night shift cleaning operation and any performance issues.
- Participates in safety drills according to instructions.
- Complies with safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures.
Reports to: Executive Chef / Executive Sous chef
Subordinates: Head Cleaner / Utility Cleaner
Basic Schooling education or better; must be proficient with Word, Excel and computers in general. Previous experience in Hotel Stewarding Department.
Must be able to communicate effectively in written and verbal English and possess good mathematical skills. Other languages are considered a plus. Ability to communicate with his Head of Department and subordinates alike.
Guidelines and Regulations
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Departmental Manual
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.