Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Purpose of Position
You ensure a friendly and professional service in your assigned F&B area to the fullest guest satisfaction and in accordance with Viking Ocean Cruises Standards.
- Professional, welcoming and sales oriented F&B service.
- Assigned areas of responsibilities in any F&B outlet according to direction from management.
- Area of responsibility is set up in accordance with direction from supervisor and Viking Ocean Manuals.
- Prepare and performs F&B activities (i.e. cocktail parties, Tea Time, Café Lunch) and special events as assigned.
- Tallying any sales transactions and correctly follow any accounting procedures.
- Cleaning of working areas in accordance with HACCP and company rules and standards.
- Separation and disposal of waste / garbage
- Conducting stock takes and inventory according to company procedures.
- Assistance in other departments upon instruction from supervisors as required.
- Following all applicable company standards and HACCP rules.
- Keeping and storing of any assigned inventory stock in accordance with set par-levels following safety and sanitation rules and regulations.
- Active participation in onboard training programs.
- Embarkation duty as directed, including luggage assistance, guest escorting and any other related duty.
- Participation in loading as required and on direction of supervisors.
- Additional duties, not mentioned here, will be expected as per management request.
Supervisor: Restaurant Manager / F&B Manager
Receives instructions from: Restaurant Manager / F&B Manager / Executive Chef / Hotel Manager / Maitre d’Hotel / Headwaiter / Head Sommelier / Restaurant Supervisor
- Graduated education in hotel / catering industry or equivalent professional experience.
- At least 2 years in similar position in 4* or 5* operation.
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset
- International experience / shipboard experience is an asset
- Ability to work independently, service and sales oriented and guest focused, positive personality, ambitious and with professional appearance.
- Flexible and stress resistant, team player, shows commitment
- Preferred age 20 – 40.
Guidelines and Regulations
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Executive Chef Manual
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.