Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Purpose of Position
Supervision of Guest Services and all responsibilities relating to a Guest Service Operation. Assist the Chief Purser and Crew (Clearance) Purser in administrational matters and help organize the ship’s passenger clearance in every port of call and assist in preparing the necessary paperwork in a manner consistent with Viking Ocean Cruises’ high standard of passenger service.
- Support Clearance Officer on preparing documentation for Ship’s clearance for Passengers.
- Maintains flow less immigration and arrival/departure process
- Ensure all embarkation preparations are completed in a timely matter.
- Supervision and training of all embarkation staff as required.
- Maintains an inventory of all vessel entry/clearance documents for future ports of call under the supervision of the Crew Purser.
- Creation and distribution of duties and work schedule for all guest service staff.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the itinerary and other static data in all onboard Applications.
- Supervision of Guest Service / Front Desk operation.
- Handling of all lost/delayed luggage.
- Handling administration of offloads/shipping services, Valet Service Luggage
- Responsible for timely printing and delivery of all printed matters.
- Assist Guest Services when required.
- Be able to be confident when dealing with Guest complaints
- Assist in Passenger medical disembarkations with support of Chief Purser.
- To be familiar with the ship’s safety and security procedures relating to the hotel department in respect of any eventuality.
- Maintain an accurate and up to date manual for completion of responsibilities as laid down in job description.
- Assist with Immigration and Custom clearance as required by Clearance Offcier
- To constantly operate in accordance with ISM safety regulations.
- To constantly operate in the interests of the owner.
Supervisor: Chief Purser
Receives instructions from: Chief Purser / General manager / Captain
- Previous 2 years’ experience in the Pursers department on board a passenger vessel.
- Relative accounting and administration skills
- Experience of supervising a small team of staff
- Cash Handling and Foreign Currency exchange experience
- Computer knowledge (Word, Excel, ) MXP an advantage
- Experience and understanding in Passenger clearance and documentation.
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset
- Service oriented and guest focused, positive personality and professional appearance.
- Maintain confidentiality of all communications.
- Flexible and stress resistant, team player, shows commitment
Guidelines and Regulations
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.