Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Purpose of Position
To manage efficiently all financial and administrative crew related matters aboard the ship and to carry them out in a manner consistent with Viking Ocean Cruises’ high standard.
- Preparation and administration of an accurate payroll, onboard crew accounts.
- Processing crew cash advances and crew bank wires as per company guidelines.
- Preparation and submission of Month end financial reports.
- Preparation and assistance with Immigration and Custom clearance.
- Liaising with agents and HODs for crew travel arrangements.
- Crew medical disembarks in cooperation with the Medical team.
- Accurate and complete administration of crew files including certification, travel documents, personal details, etc.
- Maintenance of Crew manifests for on board safety regulations and international requirements.
- Maintain an accurate cash float and request required funds from the Chief Purser in timely manner.
- Diligent completion of signing off and on process for all crew members.
- Make all the necessary travel arrangements for off signing crew members.
- Communicate the vacation plan with HOD and Personnel Office. Request changes as per company guidelines.
- Ensure vessel distribution of particular crew manifest information.
- Ensure crew passport and visa validity.
- Ensure crew Seaman’s Books are maintained and valid.
- Liaising with Port Agents for crew sign on and off procedures and requirements.
- Preparation of necessary documentation for inbound and outbound port clearance for crew.
- Clearance of vessel for crew on arrival into port.
- Update Crew manifests and systems for on board safety regulations and international requirements.
- Active participation in onboard training programs.
- Additional duties, not mentioned here, will be expected as per management request.
Supervisor: Chief Purser
Receives instructions from: Chief Purser / General Manager
- A minimum of one year experience in the Pursers department on board a vessel
- Financial background, relative accounting and administration skills
- Excellent English skills, written and spoken
- International experience / shipboard experience is required
- Ability to work independently, positive, approachable personality, professional appearance, excellent communication skills
- Flexible and stress resistant, team player, shows commitment
Guidelines and Regulations
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
When you have the best people, you have the best river cruise line.
Across Europe, Russia, China and Southeast Asia, more people sail with Viking than any other river cruise line. With inspiring destinations, the largest fleet of 4 and 5 star ships, memorable experiences and fine cuisine, Viking is regularly voted the world’s favorite river cruise line.
Our guests return again and again because we also offer something more – exceptional service. The kind of service provided by exceptional people. If that sounds like you, and you’d like to be part of a forward thinking and fast-expanding company, we’d like to hear from you.
Our standards set us apart. So do our career opportunities.
At Viking, we care about your career as much as you do and we will give you the training, skills and confidence you need to be the best you can be. We even have a custom training program, the Viking College, to help you learn and sharpen your skills.
We offer great opportunities for promotion where you will be rewarded for your hard work, enthusiasm, initiative and sense of responsibility.
Our management team in Switzerland overseas all aspects of our operations – from shore excursions to catering and nautical operations – everyone works for the same company, with the same high standards that Viking is famous for. We look forward to hear from you!
Set sail for your career.