Vessel type: River cruise ship
Purpose of Position
You ensure a friendly and professional beverage service in the bar, lounge and on the sundeck to the fullest satisfaction of our guests and in accordance with Viking River Cruises Standards.
- Professional, welcoming and sales orientated Food & Beverage service
- Assignment in restaurant (station of approx. 25 to 30 guests) and bar (including coffee station and sundeck)
- Serving drinks in accordance with company standards
- Assistance in preparing cocktails in accordance with the company standards
- Restaurant and bar setup following instructions from supervisor
- Preparation and operation of Food & Beverage activities (cocktail parties, Tea Time, Café Lunch) and special events
- Correct handling of all products, materials and equipment (glasses, cutleries and crockeries etc.)
- Tallying of sales transactions
- Cleaning of service working areas in accordance with HACCP rules
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
- Assistance in other departments upon instruction from supervisors (if required)
- Performance according to company standards and HACCP rules
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Active participation in onboard training programs
- Luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation day
- Participation in loadings
Supervisor: Bar Chef, Maître D’Hotel / Food & Beverage Manager
Receives instructions from: Bar Chef, Maître D’Hotel / Food & Beverage Manager, Hotel Manager, Corporate Operation Manager
- Min. 2 years professional experience in 4 or 5*bar operation
- Good beverage knowledge (wines, cocktails etc.)
- International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset
- Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest focused
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment
- Positive personality, neat appearance
Guidelines and Regulations
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC •
Viking College • Uniform Regulation • F&B Manual
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.