Vessel type: River cruise ship
Purpose of Position
You ensure fullest guest satisfaction, coordinate all shore-excursion activities, organisation of guest entertainment programs and compliance with the product book and all included programs and services.
- Organisation of embarkation and disembarkation
- Ensuring smooth operation of transfers (transfer / luggage / times)
- Coordination of airport representative and assisting with passenger travels
- Handling / filing of cruise, land (if applicable) reports & daily program
- Managing and filing vendor vouchers & onboard bookings
- Responsible for the filing of Easy Survey cards, shore-excursion questionnaires
- Organising and presenting guest entertainment (games / lectures / presentations) according to the cruise layout & active guest relation
- Responsible for all public announcements (including bridge commentary)
- Facilitating and assisting guests with onboard cruise bookings
- Receipt and handling of guest complaints & private guest excursions
- Coordination of all excursions including audio equipment
- Liaising with local suppliers (reconfirmation of reservations, busses, guides…)
- Instructing and briefing local guides prior to shore-excursion
- Accompanying of all excursions and walks (with or without local guides)
- Controlling and monitoring of implementation and quality of the excursions
Supervisor: Hotel Manager, Corporate Program Services Manager
Gives instructions to: Concierge, Local Tour Guides and other shore side staff
Receives instructions from: Hotel Manager, Corporate Program Services Manager, Corporate Operation Manager
- Graduated education within hotel / tourism industry
- Min. 3 years professional experience in a management position / tour guidance
- International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset
- Service oriented and guest focused
- Must work independently, profound computer knowledge
- Excellent management, organisational and communication skills
- Positive personality, friendly and neat appearance
- Stress resistance, flexibility, team player
Guidelines and Regulations
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC •
Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Program Director Manual
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.