Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You are responsible for the operation of all bar lounges, bars, restaurants, special events, all passenger areas where Beverage Service activities take place. The Beverage Manager must be hands on during peak services such as focusing on Beverage Operation, sanitation, environmental and maintenance procedures as well as assisting in the organization of duties not directly related to the department. The Beverage Manager is monitoring all system reporting related to the Beverage Services and keeps the Hotel Director informed in all related issues and/or challenges. A main focus is keeping customer service in accordance with S.T.A.R. Service Experience including handling customer service issues on board.
- Responsible for supporting the entire Beverage service operations onboard
- Supervision/support of a professional welcoming and sales orientated Beverage Service
- Ensuring absolute cleanliness and order in accordance with HACCP and USPHS rules
- Operation of service procedures according to SOP’s, Department Service Standards and S.T.A.R. Service Experience.
- Assist the Hotel Director in organization and execution of Bar/Lounges related ship functions and special events
- Continuously monitoring all Beverage IT systems for functionality, proper use and operation.
- Liaise with the Restaurant Manager in order to compile and supervise beverages sales made by the restaurant team concerning Destination Cocktail and Wines.
- Continuously monitoring all reports related to sales, revenue, cost and inventory and present to the Hotel Director with suggestions for action if needed.
- Management and motivation of the service crew
- Organization, management and motivation of Bar department crew with particular focus on Sales, promoting our Destination Beverage package.
- Assist in the management of work schedules & Training of service departments including in S.T.A.R. Service Experience
- Support any ship needs in regards to luggage movement during disembarkation and embarkation.
- Participation in loadings and waste management.
- Responsible for cost control and adherence to set budgets
- Cost control (incl. stock supply/inventory in accordance to the budget &standards)
- Continuously monitors revenue against set goals and proactively develop plans for improvements as needed.
- Supervises and reviews daily closing of all Bar/lounge venue areas POS.
- Active liaison with guests
- Welcoming of guests and socializing during meal times
- Conduction of daily menu presentation in coordination with the Executive Chef/Sommelier/Senior Bartender. All guests’ complaints concerning beverage service have to be followed up personally by the Beverage Manager. This means contacting the guest, interviewing him/her and take the necessary action to satisfy the passenger and reporting incident to the Hotel Director
Supervisor: Hotel Director.
Gives instructions to: Bar crew and Food and partly Beverage vendors
Receives instructions from: Hotel General Director, Corporate Operation Manager
- Graduated education within hotel / catering industry
- Min. 3 years professional experience in same or similar position in 4 or 5*operation
- International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an advantage
- Service oriented and guest focused
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment, positive personality, professional appearance
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • S.T.A.R. Service Experience • Uniform Regulation • Bar Manuals.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.