Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Purpose of Position
You ensure a friendly and professional service in the restaurant and bar to the fullest satisfaction of our guests in accordance with Viking Ocean Cruises Standards.
Responsible for the entire service operation onboard
- Supervision/support of a professional welcoming and sales orientated F&B Service
- Ensuring the correct handling of all products, materials and equipment
- Ensuring absolute cleanliness and order in accordance with HACCP rules
- Operation of service procedures according to standards (e.g. menus, decoration)
- Organization and execution of F&B related ship functions and special events
- Performance according to company standards and HACCP rules
Management and motivation of the service crew
- Organization, management and motivation of restaurant and bar crew
- Management of work schedules & Training of service in department
- Participation in loadings and full cooperation to assign crew for dis-/embarkation and luggage duty.
Responsible for cost control and adherence to set budgets
- Cost control in accordance to the budget
- Establishing of weekly stock order in cooperation with Hotel Manager
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Responsible for daily closing of restaurant and bar area cash register
Active liaison with guests
- Welcoming of guests and socializing during meal times
- Conduction of daily menu presentation with cooperation of Executive Chef
Supervisor: Food & Beverage Manager / Hotel Manager
Gives instructions to: Restaurant/Bar supervisors and crew
Receives instructions from: F&B Manager / Hotel Manager, Corporate Operation Manager
- Graduated education within hotel / catering industry
- Min. 3 years professional experience in same or similar position in 4 or 5* operation
- International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset
- Service oriented and guest focused
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Positive personality, professional appearance
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • F&B Manual
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
When you have the best people, you have the best river cruise line.
Across Europe, Russia, China and Southeast Asia, more people sail with Viking than any other river cruise line. With inspiring destinations, the largest fleet of 4 and 5 star ships, memorable experiences and fine cuisine, Viking is regularly voted the world’s favorite river cruise line.
Our guests return again and again because we also offer something more – exceptional service. The kind of service provided by exceptional people. If that sounds like you, and you’d like to be part of a forward thinking and fast-expanding company, we’d like to hear from you.
Our standards set us apart. So do our career opportunities.
At Viking, we care about your career as much as you do and we will give you the training, skills and confidence you need to be the best you can be. We even have a custom training program, the Viking College, to help you learn and sharpen your skills.
We offer great opportunities for promotion where you will be rewarded for your hard work, enthusiasm, initiative and sense of responsibility.
Our management team in Switzerland overseas all aspects of our operations – from shore excursions to catering and nautical operations – everyone works for the same company, with the same high standards that Viking is famous for. We look forward to hear from you!
Set sail for your career.