JOB DESCRIPTION - PORTUGAL UTILITY m/f
Purpose of Position
To provide at all times high standards and consistency of cleanliness of the crockery. In charge of absolute cleanliness and tidiness in the scullery in accordance with Viking Standards and Operating Procedures.
This document is not a definite overview of the expected responsibilities, tasks and duties. Items can be added in the future accordingly. The holder of this statement can be asked to take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated on the paper.
- Professional Cleaning of crockery
- Cleanliness and order in the scullery / dish-washing area
- Regular cleaning of the kitchen area as per instructions from the supervisor
- Separation and disposal of waste / garbage
- Assistance to supervisors in placing orders for cleaning materials and relevant equipment
- Perfect order and cleanliness in working area in accordance with HACCP standard
- Correct handling, cleanliness and maintenance of all equipment and products
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
- Ensuring food safety, highest level of cleanliness in the galley and production areas at all times in accordance with Viking standards and HACCP procedures
- Participation in loadings
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Active participation in onboard training programs
- Luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation day
- Assisting in basic food preparation
- Participate in departmental “Daily Reunions”
- Outstanding flexibility: must be able to work during different times of the day, under pressure and reflect at all times, even under difficult conditions, a positive can-do attitude and the best image of Viking
- Be fully proficient and knowledgeable about the dishwashing scope of work
- Become knowledgeable about the menu cycle, daily program, and itinerary-related ports of call and shore excursions
- Positively contribute in achieving / succeeding the KPI goals (quality and financial) for the Galley Department, as well as for the entire Food and Beverage Department
- Strong motivation to achieve the company goals and objectives
- Full knowledge about safety & security procedures
- Participations in all training concerning safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the company
- Good spoken English skills, itinerary related language in addition is an advantage
- Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest focused
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment, positive personality, neat appearance
- Must be well groomed and maintain impeccable hygiene standards
- Extensive walking required and ability to stand on feet for a long time
- Hours may vary based upon organizational needs and operational demands
- Guest focused, service oriented, positive personality and professional appearance
- Flexible and stress resistant, team player, shows commitment
Guidelines and Regulations
- Implement PSO policies, procedures, standards, as laid out by the management
- Ensure appropriate appearance and clothing according to the updated grooming standards
- The company reserves the right to change this job description if necessary at any time
Supervisor: Executive Chef
Receives instructions from: Chef de Partie, Sous Chef, Executive Chef, Hotel Manager, Corporate Executive Chef, Corporate Operation Manager
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.