行政总厨- Mandarin Speaking Executive Chef
专业服务准则（ VRC PSO ），预算和食谱运作。
- 行为和外观符合VRC PSO的规则和条例。
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You are in charge of every aspect of food service operation and the supervision, support and mentoring of all galley staff. You ensure that food and kitchen are up to HACCP standards and operate in accordance with Viking China Outbound Standards, budgets and recipes.
- Responsible for the entire galley operation onboard
- Ensuring professional production and distribution of all meals for guest and crew in accordance with company standards, menu cycle and recipes
- Organisationand execution of F&B related ship functions and special events (e.g. Welcome / Farewell)
- Ensuring food safety, highest level of cleanliness in the galley and production areas at all times in accordance with Viking River Cruise standards & HACCP
- Ordering of all food supplies according to production planning and in cooperation with the Hotel Manager
- Conduction of menu briefings with waiter staff prior to service and instruction of waiters to explain dishes
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
- Supervision, motivation and training of the multi-national galley crew
- Participation in loadings and conduction of quality control
- Responsible for cost control and adherence to set budgets
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedure
- Active participation in ship functions, socializing with guests during meal times
- The holder of the position undertakes not to pass over the company’s information, manuals, information on business developments and EDP data to any third party or publicize or retain same for personal use after leaving the job.
- The company reserves the right to demand compensation for damages in the event of a breach of this instruction and take legal action against the staff.
- Conduct and appearance in accordance with the rules and regulations of Viking China Outbound
- Graduated apprenticeship as a cook
- Min. 4 years of professional experience in cuisine background of a 4 or 5* Hotel or Restaurant, cruise industry experience is an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Asian/Chinese food and western food
- Excellent Mandarin and English skills, other languages are an asset
- Excellent management, organisationaland communication skills
- Skills in every part of international cooking, HACCP rules and standards
- Service oriented and guest focused
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment, positive personality, professional appearance
Good knowledge of the following languages is required: English, Chinese
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.