International Host / Hostess
The International Host provides personalised customer service, language assistance and translations to guests to enjoy their cruise.
- Maintains the highest level of guest satisfaction by welcoming and socialising with guests, contributing to social events during their cruise;
- Makes public announcements in the languages required and cooperates with the Program Publisher for the translation of the Daily Program & Daily Specials;
- Provides information and proactively offers suggestions and support to our guests;
- Cooperates with the Guest Service Department Documenting in case of complaints, collecting all necessary documents when and if required;
- Supports the Shore Excursions Department acting as a Tour escort when required;
- Hosts and/or participates to various games, quizzes, special events language classes;
- Conducts Orientation talks at the beginning (welcome) and end (farewell) of a cruise and Travel talks on the various destinations;
- Provides full support to the Cruise Consultant in the promotion of MSC loyalty program.
- Ability to communicate fluently in written and oral English plus languages between the European languages: French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, and/or Chinese Mandarin, Chinese Cantonese, Japanese, Russian;
- High School Graduated;
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry, in a customer service working environment, at sea or ashore;
- Working knowledge of Office package;
- Ability to establish relationships and to speak in public;
- Strong problem solving skills;
- Enthusiastic team player;
- STCW certification is compulsory (basic fire fighting, personal survival techniques, elementary first aid, personal security and social responsibility);
- A recognised medical certification is also required before starting to work on board.
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Housekeeping Jobs (115)
- Galley Jobs (284)
- Restaurant Jobs (96)
- Beverages Jobs (64)
- Provisions Jobs (22)
- Deck Jobs (113)
- Engine / Technical Jobs (143)
- Guest Services Jobs (80)
- Retail Jobs (37)
- Spa & Beauty Jobs (31)
- Child Care Jobs (19)
- Entertainment Jobs (157)
- Photography Jobs (15)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (36)
- Medical Jobs (41)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (13)
- Casino Jobs (7)
- IT Jobs (18)
- Management Jobs (39)
- Administration Jobs (45)
- Land Based Jobs (62)
- Other Cruise Jobs (36)
- Private Estate Jobs (21)