P&O Cruises - Housekeeping Manager
As Housekeeping Manager you will have overall responsibility for the housekeeping department onboard including deck housekeeping, floristry, kennels, laundry and butler service. You will lead the housekeeping team to ensure the highest level of customer service and cleanliness is provided to all guests onboard. You will monitor and manage department costs and resources effectively and strive to increase laundry services and revenue generating opportunities both within the department and by working with the other departments onboard. You will also identify team training and development needs in order to increase knowledge and skills within the team and to aid with succession planning.
Are you passionate about customer service and delivering excellent service to your guests? Do you strive to meet and exceed expectations in everything you do? Are you able to easily adapt to changing circumstances and approach each new situation with passion and energy? Are you able to make strong commercial decision in order to achieve revenue and customer service targets?
If so you could be ideally suited to the Housekeeping Manager position!
Key Responsibilities of a Housekeeping Manager include:
- Ensure all work is carried out safely, efficiently and in accordance with all corporate public health, hygiene and safety guidelines. Overseeing cleaning routines, ensuring the necessary rotas and work schedules are in place to meet the required level of service
- Monitor and manage department costs and resources effectively and increase laundry services and revenue generating opportunities where possible
- Ensure cleaning standards are met through effective monitoring of areas of responsibility. Identify any fixtures or fittings furnishing in need of renewal / repair, coordinate cabin repairs with the onboard Technical department keeping the Customer Service Manager informed of progress. Ensure all passenger and crew areas are maintained in a sanitised and clean state at all times and undertake regular inspections
- Identify team training and development needs and support delivery of the training. Undertake training sessions with members of the team to increase knowledge and skill and aid succession planning; completing appraisals and identifying development opportunities within your department
- Oversee the effective and efficient movement of passenger baggage both on and off the ship
- Attend corporate sponsored social events as and when required
To join P&O Cruises in this fantastic role you must have the following:
- Experience of managing a large housekeeping team within a cruise ship or large hotel environment.
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Ability to lead and inspire a team
- Strong commercial awareness and customer service focus
It takes great passion and real dedication to maintain our position at the top. That’s why people are at the heart of our journey delivering the highest standards to our valued customers. With support to help you reach your potential, attractive company benefits and incredible employee offers on discounted cruises we want your career with us to be successful and fun. Join us on our journey, apply now.
‘Better together’ is one of P&O’s core values. This means we are working hard to build a flexible and inclusive culture. As part of our culture difference is valued and our people can be themselves. We welcome applications from everyone because inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership and pregnancy & maternity.
We are currently recruiting for our Talent Pools to fill anticipated roles in 2018/9 and beyond. Please note that throughout the Recruitment & On boarding process you may not be advised of a start date. If you are successful, sufficient notice will be provided when we have a ship and start date for you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
A world of excitement, fun and possibilities
A market leader in the cruise industry, we operate ships all over the world. We’re most widely recognised by our famous brand names P&O Cruises and Cunard Line.
Working together, it’s our mission to be the most successful - the most spectacular - cruise company in Britain. To do this, we focus on providing the finest cruise experience for each and every customer. And of course, this isn’t possible without the skill and commitment of our people on board and ashore. That’s where you come in.
P&O Cruises is the largest cruise operator in the UK and, perhaps, the best-known in the world. Working on board the seven-ship fleet of Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Adonia, Oceana, Ventura and Azura, you’ll have the opportunity to experience luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, the Baltic, the Norwegian Fjords, the Caribbean, the Atlantic Islands, and round-the-world voyages.
Cunard Line offers the only regular transatlantic crossing service on board the world famous Queen Mary 2. The 1,968-passenger Queen Victoria, launched in November 2007, undertakes a number of different voyages, while the latest ship, the Queen Elizabeth, joined the fleet in Autumn 2010.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why we’re always looking for people, both shipboard and shoreside, who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable.
This is your chance to join us on our journey.