RIVER - Commis de Cuisine
PURPOSE OF POSITION
You prepare meals to the fullest satisfaction of our guests and ensure compliance with Viking River Cruises Standards and HACCP rules.
- Assistance with preparation and cooking daily meals (including breakfast, lunch, Tea Time, dinner, etc.) for crew and guests in accordance with Executive Chef Manual and menu cycle
- Handling all groceries, products and galley equipment with care
- Inventory according to instructions
- Separation and disposal of waste / garbage
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
- Assistance in other departments upon instruction from supervisors (if required)
- Performance according to company standards and HACCP rules
- Participation in loadings
- Luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation day
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Active participation in onboard training programs
Supervisor: Executive Chef, Sous-Chef
Receives instructions from Sous-Chef, Executive Chef, Corporate Executive Chef, Corporate Operation Manager
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
THE VIKING STORY
More than 20 years ago, Viking® set the standard for what river cruising should be, and today we are the leader that all others follow. In 2015, we took the same small ship, destination-focused experience to the seas and reinvented ocean cruising. Over the years Viking has won numerous ocean and river cruise line awards from Condé Nast Traveler, Cruise Critic, Travel + Leisure, Travel Weekly and more.
Viking is a strong and dynamic company—with a growing fleet of more than 80 river ships and seven ocean vessels cruising over 100 itineraries around the world.
JOIN THE VIKING FAMILY
If you have always dreamed of combining your love of travel with the ability to grow your career, consider a position at Viking. We are the world’s leading small ship cruise line, and there is tremendous potential to advance your career with us. As part of our crew, when your ship is docked at the many destinations we visit, you can explore ashore and refresh during your free time.
Additionally, with Viking’s award-winning service and thoughtfully curated onboard experiences, our guests are typically very satisfied. This, combined with Viking’s gratuity guidelines, means that you can expect to be well rewarded as an employee on board a Viking ship.