Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Executive Housekeeper
Must have ship experience in this role to be considered.
To assist the Executive Housekeeper to service all suites, adjoining areas, public rooms and crew areas as allocated. To maintain a high standard of cleanliness, tidiness, co-operation and guest liaison within the hotel department.
The Housekeeping Supervisor is a key player in demonstrating to their teams the exact standard, which the company expects. Creating the ultimate cruise experience is a common goal of the vessel and the Housekeeping Supervisor needs to encourage their teams to do so. They have many decisions to make during service and each of these should always be focused on the guests’ and crew well-being. Achieving results should be done in a pleasant working environment.
The Housekeeping Supervisor reports directly to the Executive Housekeeper supported by the Hotel Director.
Position has 13 professional level reports – 13 Stewardesses.
- Performance of regular and irregular inspections of housekeeping workplace.
- Responsible for the development of housekeeping training sessions, upkeep of all training forms used and for training the new hires according to the Housekeeping Manual.
- Upholding all policies including company SOP’s.
- Responsible for ensuring that all guest suites are cleaned and set up to company standard.
- Responsible for re-filling supplies, to ensure that Housekeeping lockers are fully stocked and tidy, at all times.
- Responsible for replenishing and maintaining the flower program onboard.
- Responsible for compiling all necessary name lists, special requests and schedules prior to embarkation.
- Also his/her responsibilities in the safety organization according to the Emergency plan and station Bill.
- To be familiar with and execute the Seabourn HESS-MS appropriate to their position. 10. To be familiar with IPM program and attend training as directed.
- High School Diploma or similar preferred
- Strong command of the English language combined with good written skills.
- To be knowledgeable of the USPH and other international Public Health rules and regulations by participating in the company's Basic Food Hygiene course every 2 years and achieving a minimum of 80% pass.
- At least two years of working experience as a Stewardess or Bedroom Attendant in a busy 4 or 5 star Hotel.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to work in a team that is focused on exceeding guest expectations. Ability to execute and follow up on standard operating procedure
- Ability to motivate a team
- Ability to motivate a team
Physical Demands & Travel
For the safety of yourself and others on board certain physical abilities shall be maintained. Must be able to bend, climb, perform repetitive motion, and repetitively heavy lift.
Must maintain physical fitness to perform tasks associated with job.
- Passport – valid for a minimum of 6 month
- Flag state issued seaman book
- General flag state or flag state approved marine fitness medical United States C1/D visa
- English Marlin test at minimal score of 80%
- Pre-employment medical examination
Working on a cruise ship is very different from any land-based occupation. Working hours are longer and work is more intense due to the constant demand of the guests. You have to be very flexible in your working hours, which on occasion might have to be changed due to unforeseen circumstances. The Maritime Labour Convention of 2006 however strictly regulates these. Apart from the working hours there are strict rules which all members of the ship’s company need to adhere to as stipulated by the Master’s standing orders. You work in close proximity with your fellow crewmembers and therefore respect among all is essential.
Seabourn Cruise Line
With Seabourn's world renowned reputation for excellence and luxury, it is only right that we recruit only the very best people to enjoy career opportunities working on one of our ships. Seabourn Cruise Line is an excellent place to begin your career at sea as well as further develop your career within this exciting industry. Seabourn provides an intuitive and gracious service which is delivered by staff that are passionate about maximising the guest experience onboard. We are seeking hospitality professionals to join the onboard family. Start your exciting new career at sea with one of our entry level positions in the hotel department onboard. For those already in Hotel Management we have exciting management positions in Food and Beverage, Galley, Guest Services and Human Resources departments.
If you feel you have the fine art of delight, genuine and heartfelt hospitality then please apply today!