Chef de Partie Pastry
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Executive Pastry Bakery Chef
Set a course for adventure with Princess Cruises! The employer of choice in the cruise industry, we operate a fleet of modern Love Boats each offering exceptional facilities and extensive professional development and recreational programs for our valued teammates who hail from more than 60 countries around the globe.
An iconic brand beloved by millions, we love people who love what they do and work together to help our guests create a lifetime of wonderful memories while providing friendly and attentive service like only Princess can.
As a member of the Princess Family, you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited opportunities for growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
As Chef De Partie Pastry you will create lasting memories by providing exceptional service to all guests that selected Princess Cruises as their vacation getaway.
- Ensures product quality in the assigned station through tasting and monitoring of mise en place during production as instructed by the Executive Pastry Bakery Chef.
- Effectively supervises Pastry staff in an assigned service station during operational activities as directed by the Executive Chef / Executive Pastry Chef, including monitoring compliance with production and storage requirements such as temperature/blast chiller log recording.
- Always controls food consumption in the assigned production areas through portion and production control and by ensuring adherence to Company recipes.
- Ensures batch cooking/preparation process (for soufflés, puddings, crème brulee, etc.) is practiced to eliminate waste.
- Always meets cost targets in the Pastry galley as directed by the Executive Pastry Chef / Executive Chef. Always creates an effective and efficient daily/shift production schedule for assigned section, under the direction of the Executive Pastry Chef, as required by the itinerary and various outlets.
- Monitors the consumption of ingredients required for daily production and plans orders accordingly; keeps the Executive Pastry Chef informed regarding production needs and order status.
- Knows the team’s role descriptions, and communicates clear expectations based on each role description. Observes each crewmember’s performance using his or her role description as a guide and delivers prompt and appropriate correction, improvement, or reinforcement.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Formal qualification in pastry arts from a recognized culinary training institution
- At least five years of experience in large pastry production with at least two years of experience as Demi Chef de Partie Pastry from luxury hotels/resorts or cruise ships.
- Solid knowledge of Public Health regulations and Food Safety.
- Ability to supervise multicultural subordinate Teammates.
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Understanding of the foundation of guest service; ability and willingness to deliver outstanding service to our guests.
- Motivation to excel in all aspects of job duties and responsibilities.
- Personable communicator with outstanding social skills and a warm, friendly, and caring personality.
- Ability to continuously surprise and delight guests throughout their cruise experience.
- Commitment to establish and maintain courteous and professional working relationships in a diverse cultural environment.
Princess Cruises offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, shared cabin accommodations, meals, exceptional amenities, and extensive learning and recreational programs available to all of our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess team. Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our Culture Essentials… Stronger together
Speak Up – Respect & Protect – Improve – Communicate – Listen & Learn – Empower
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
As a worldwide leader in premium cruising, Princess now offers the MedallionClass™ experience, an even more personalized vacation. Our smart ships feature everything from TrulyTouchless™ embarkation to on-demand delivery of drinks, food and more that makes cruising effortless and supports the wellbeing of our guests and teammates.
Our Princess team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
As part of the Princess family, you’ll gain valuable cruise ship career experience representing one of the largest cruise lines in the world. We are extremely passionate about our work and offer a variety of reward programs to recognize employees who go above and beyond to provide our guests the best possible vacation experience.
Join our team and enjoy an adventurous career with great incentives, unlimited growth and worldwide travel opportunities.