The Head Waiter assists the Restaurant Manager in the supervision of Restaurant personnel to ensure total guest satisfaction regarding food quality, service, and hygiene standards. He/she contributes to the success of his/her assigned area by performing a variety of operational, financial, and motivational tasks. A minimum of five years of experience in a four or five-star cruise ship, hotel, restaurant, and/or high-volume food service facility is required for this position.
External Hiring Requirements:
· Two to three years previous Head Waiter, Captain or Chef de Rang experience,preferably in a 4 or 5 star restaurant or hotel.
· One to two years previous Supervisory or Restaurant Manager experience,preferably in a 4 or 5 star Restaurant.
· Extensive knowledge of the restaurant and/or food service industry. Abilityto use appropriate food and beverage terminology and pronunciation.
· Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personalservice including needs assessment, problem resolution and achievement.
· Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function.Ability to manage the international staff in a positive and productive mannerby motivating, developing and managing employees as they work. Ability toutilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching andcounseling to improve performance or terminate employment.
· Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment tomeet overall established time frames for the entire food service operation.Ability to communicate tactfully with, department heads, coworkers and othershipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
· Working knowledge of computers, Internet access and the ability tonavigate within a variety software packages such as Excel and Word.
· Equivalent of High School Diploma is a minimum requirement.
· Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration orrelated field from an accredited college or university or the internationalequivalent preferred.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!