Hotel Manager (Shipboard)
Hotel Manager (Shipboard)
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: General Manager
The Hotel Manager at The Ritz Carlton Yacht Collection is a true luxury hospitality leader. With an appreciation that luxury hospitality requires the consistent and ongoing execution of anticipatory attention to detail, this leader is a driver of the guest experience at every turn. Working collaboratively with all departments onboard, the Hotel Manager supports the onboard General Manager to equally focus on delivering brand quality expectations while connecting the opportunity to organically drive onboard revenue opportunities. Reporting to the General Manager, the Hotel Manager drives the onboard culture and oversees all Onboard Revenue departments including the Boutique, Spa & Wellness, Entertainment & Enrichment, Art & Shore Collection. In parallel this leader passionately drives all elements of the anticipatory luxury product delivery onboard, across all stakeholders.
- Partners with General Manager to create a guest experience that is unique to the brand and the property. Understands the importance of providing genuine, authentic, and meaningful details across the guest experience and strives to ensure an emotional connection with our guests on product experience, every single day. Ensures our Ladies & Gentlemen are equipped to deliver this emotional connection through anticipatory service.
- Understands the importance of spending time with guests to understand their needs and communicates opportunities to direct reports where experiences can be improved and refined in the moment. Seeks out feedback from our guests and actively drives to implement feedback where a business impact can be justified.
- Audits the onboard guest experience to ensure quality assurance is measured and tangibly delivered across all guest satisfaction channels.
- Emphasizes the importance of “The Three Steps of Service” throughout all development and training for the onboard Cruise Hotel Operations teams and all Onboard Revenue partners.
- Collaborates and drives together with fellow Guidance Team leaders in ensuring The Ritz-Carlton Culture and Credo are embedded, demonstrated and delivered by all Ladies and Gentlemen onboard at every moment.
- Works with onboard revenue partners to ensure a forward-thinking approach to luxury retail experiences. Recognizes that our guest profile is an experienced traveler who seeks unique experiences and understands the details of luxury service. With this in mind, the Hotel Manager ensures service delivery resonates and truly exceeds guest expectations at every opportunity.
- Oversees the process of collecting and analyzing revenue, sales, and financial data and develops systems and processes to manage and analyze financial records. Drives and implements revenue strategies to ensure budgeted targets are always achieved or exceeded.
- Ensures regular formal communication to the hotel team regarding goals, achievements and action plans to ensure accountability with the team.
- Monitors, understands, and evaluates Medallia trends to make data-driven recommendations to improve overall guest experience. Driven in understanding root cause of emerging trends to drive product fine-tuning.
- Responsible for the onboard delivery of all brand quality standards and service delivery, including grooming standards, brand collateral and promotional marketing presentation. Strives to ensure a constant rethinking of how we drive forward the product on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the onboard approval of all guest programming and guest activities onboard. Partners with the Entertainment & Events Director to ensure consistent and destination driven onboard enrichment programs and guest activities with a focus on destination immersion.
- Ensures all FF&E (Furniture, Furnishings, and Equipment) and permanent signage remains to brand standards and provides status reports and recommendations to the General Manager.
- Drives The Ritz-Carlton culture throughout all departments onboard and ensures the daily recognition of our Ladies and Gentlemen is instilled at all levels of the organization.
- Models and hold others accountable for promoting and demonstrating the Gold Standards and Employee Promise every day. Partners with HR Manager to ensure the ongoing wellness of our Ladies and Gentlemen, including programming, wellness lifestyle and social events.
- Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines.
- Coaches and mentors’ others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone feels valued and included.
- Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization.
- Five (5) years of hotel management required in luxury hospitality.
- Proven operational experience in leading either Food and Beverage and / or Rooms division.
- Significant exposure to international markets of luxury hospitality.
- Proven record as a successful hospitality leader with a high degree of knowledge in all aspects of Hotel Management including financial results, guest satisfaction and employee relations aspects of the role.
- Experience in understanding luxury travel revenue trends and how to drive organic revenue growth over time.
- Creative and entrepreneurial thinking with the ability to react instinctively to implementing revenue driven ideas and opportunities.
- A courageous leader who is not afraid to fail in order to succeed. Pushes themselves and the team outside of their comfort zone in driving sales to ensure a “think out of the box” approach.
- Excellent skills of problem-solving and the ability to manage multiple priorities while meeting deadlines
- Impeccable organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to understand, coordinate and lead the development of budgets, develop staffing plans and workflows to meet the needs of guests and budgetary requirements.
- Trustworthy, high ethical standards, ability to work autonomously and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Designed to combine the luxury lifestyle of The Ritz-Carlton® and the casual freedom of a yachting vacation, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will offer voyages on the first of three custom-built yachts in 2020. Calling on unique and distinguished destinations alike, most voyages range from seven to ten nights, offering many overnight calls and uniquely curated experiences ashore. Each yacht will feature 149 suites, each with its own private terrace, and accommodate up to 298 guests in a relaxed, casually elegant atmosphere. As with The Ritz-Carlton® on land, each yacht will feature personalized service, elevated dining and luxury amenities.