Financial Officer (Shipboard)
Financial Officer (Shipboard)
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: General Manager
The Financial Officer manages all aspects of onboard accounting and finance for guest and employees. Overseeing the payroll for the Ladies and Gentlemen as well as executing the internal audit and control of onboard activities related to sales, inventory management and budgets. This position manages the port clearance and port disbursement accounts and the communication with Port Agents and local authorities. The Financial Officer ensures all activities are carried out as per company's policies and in compliance with local and international regulations, guaranteeing a smooth service delivery to guest as well as the employees onboard the Yacht.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Manages the shipboard financial, port and clearance operations and acts as the internal auditor for procurement, sales and inventory transactions. Prepares reports for the onboard Guidance Team as well as for the Corporate Operations and Finance Teams
- Administers the property management, payroll, point of sales and port disbursement systems onboard related to financial activities. Ensures that voyages are properly setup in all systems and performs the reset of systems related financial transactions
- Manages all guest, visitors, group, charter and employee financial transactions including cash, credit card settlement and prepaid. Ensures all inquiries related to these transactions by guest, employees or the corporate office are addressed and resolved satisfactory in a timely fashion
- Executes voyage closing in all relevant systems and ensures all outstanding balances are settled. Ensures that all settlements with concessionaires or 3rd parties are executed based on the agreements provided by the corporate office
- Performs daily audits of financial transactions entered in the onboard systems and addresses variances immediately without negatively impacting guest and employee satisfaction
- Ensures that all onboard Finance and Accounting transactions are executed as per company policies, Standard Operating Procedures as well as best business practices
- Executes regular inventory spot checks in the Hotel Operations stores and Points of Consumption. Oversees the receipt of goods for the storing operation of the Cruise Hotel Operations Department for all deliveries received
- Leads the embarkation and clearance process of the Yacht related to the collection and verification of passports, visa’s, credit cards and other relevant information related to guests. Ensures all guest and employee manifests distributed onboard, to external partners and to authorities contain up-to-date accurate information, comply with data protection regulations (for example GDPR) and match the destination countries requirements (for example CARICOM, APP, ENOA / EOND etc.)
- Participates in the daily clearance process in port and any inspection executed by Port Authorities, Government Agencies and internal or external auditors. Manages the communication with Port Agents and Port Authorities on behalf of the onboard Guidance Team
- Manages the Port Disbursement Account and all In Port Purchases for Cruise Hotel and Marine Operations onboard the Yacht in cooperation with the other Department Heads. Provides feedback about the performance of the local Port Agent and reports any incidents to the corporate office based on the processes and procedures described in the Standard Operating Procedures
- Coordinates the request for shore side support for turnaround and logistics operations on behalf of the onboard team and based on their requirements
- Assists in the management of medical debarkations for guest and employees where required and in cooperation with the onboard Medical and Guidance Team. Ensures all communication regarding medical debarkations is in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitors that maintenance requests for non-functional equipment and software as well as any other topics impacting the finance operation and ensures all are resolved in an acceptable timeframe. Communicates delays to his/her supervisor and the department head responsible for resolving the problems
- Overseas all employee payroll related activities such as overtime payments, settling of onboard accounts, cash advances or deposits and commission and/or bonus payments
- Supervises the issuing of employee payment cards where applicable and ensures employees are educated about the use, benefit and cost of using the payment cards
- Ensures visa requirements for embarking / debarking guests as well as all Ladies and Gentlemen are accurate and updated in the respective database at all times. Distributes relevant visa information to all departments onboard and in the corporate office
- Executes or oversees all training related to Financial and Accounting processes onboard the Yacht
- Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
- Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
- Sets the department’s expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
- Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
- Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- Excellent knowledge and experience in Finance and Accounting processes and procedures in the Cruise or Hotel industry, including inventory management and audit procedures
- Excellent knowledge and experience of clearance processes and procedures as well the Disbursement Account Management
- Very good knowledge of Property Management, Point of Sales, Payroll and Inventory Management systems in the capacity of an administrator
- Very good knowledge of MS Office package or similar applications in particular Excel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Designed to combine the luxury lifestyle of The Ritz-Carlton® and the casual freedom of a yachting vacation, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will offer voyages on the first of three custom-built yachts in 2020. Calling on unique and distinguished destinations alike, most voyages range from seven to ten nights, offering many overnight calls and uniquely curated experiences ashore. Each yacht will feature 149 suites, each with its own private terrace, and accommodate up to 298 guests in a relaxed, casually elegant atmosphere. As with The Ritz-Carlton® on land, each yacht will feature personalized service, elevated dining and luxury amenities.