Purser Payroll (Shipboard)
Purser Payroll (Shipboard)
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Financial Officer
The Purser Payroll assists the Financial Officer managing all aspects of onboard accounting and finance for guest and employees. Executing the payroll for the Ladies and Gentlemen as well as assisting with the internal audit and control of onboard activities related to sales, inventory management and budgets. This Lady or Gentleman will ensure all activities are carried out as per company's policies and in compliance with local and international regulations guaranteeing a smooth service delivery to guest as well as the employees onboard the yacht.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Assists in managing the shipboard financial and port operations and acts as the internal auditor for procurement, sales and inventory transactions. Prepares reports for the onboard Guidance Team as well as for the Corporate Cruise Hotel Operations and Finance Teams
- Executes transactions in the property management, payroll and port disbursement systems onboard related to financial activities. Assists in the setup and reset of voyages in all systems and systems related to financial transactions
- Ensures all inquiries related to payroll transactions by the Ladies and Gentlemen or the corporate office are addressed and resolved in a timely fashion. Provides the Ladies and Gentlemen with all appropriate documentation for payroll and payroll deductions, files payroll documentation in accordance to company's policies and procedures
- Manages all employee payroll related activities such as overtime payments, settling of onboard accounts, cash advances or deposits, embark/debark related expense reimbursements or cost and commission or bonus payments
- Performs audits of financial transactions as well as Time and Attendance records entered in the onboard systems and reports variances immediately to the Financial Officer and department head where the variances occurred
- Issues or reissues payment cards to the Ladies and Gentlemen and educates them about the use, benefit and cost of using the payment cards
- Ensures all Finance and Accounting transactions are executed as per company policies, Standard Operating Procedures as well as best business practices
- Produces final payment for Ladies and Gentlemen debarking the Yacht and ensures all onboard accounts are settled. Ensures all company's property is returned in acceptable conditions as confirmed by relevant department heads involved in the sign-off process
- Assists in clearance activities when required, verifying all visas and passports are valid for the duration of the voyage. Escalates to the Financial Officer, Guest Services Manager and General Manager in case a passport or visa is invalid
- Assists with medical debarks for guest and employees where required and supports the Financial Officer
- Assists the Financial Officer in managing the Port Disbursement Account and In Port Purchases for Cruise Hotel and Marine Operations onboard the Yacht
- Assists or executes training related to Financial and Accounting processes onboard the Yacht
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- Strong knowledge and experience in Finance and Accounting processes and procedures in the Cruise or Hotel industry, including inventory management and audit procedures
- Knowledge and experience in Disbursement Account Management
- Knowledge of Property Management, Point of Sales, Payroll and Inventory Management systems in the capacity of an advanced user
- Strong knowledge of MS Office package or similar applications in particular Excel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Designed to combine the luxury lifestyle of The Ritz-Carlton® and the casual freedom of a yachting vacation, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will offer voyages on the first of three custom-built yachts in 2020. Calling on unique and distinguished destinations alike, most voyages range from seven to ten nights, offering many overnight calls and uniquely curated experiences ashore. Each yacht will feature 149 suites, each with its own private terrace, and accommodate up to 298 guests in a relaxed, casually elegant atmosphere. As with The Ritz-Carlton® on land, each yacht will feature personalized service, elevated dining and luxury amenities.