Restaurant Manager (Shipboard)
Restaurant Manager (Shipboard)
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Food & Beverage Director
Primary responsibility is oversight of day-to-day operation of the Main Dining Room and In-Suite Dining. Additionally, provides support as needed to the F&B Director with the supervision and execution of all aspects of the day-to-day operations in all other food and beverage venues. Works closely with multiple supporting departments and roles to create a world class work dining environment and guest experience. Identifies opportunities for staff development and nurtures talent including maintaining comprehensive on-boarding and on-going training programs. Drives sanitation and Public Health standards at the highest level.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Leads the Restaurant teams in luxury Food and Beverage service
- Ensures training, development and supervision of the Restaurant teams in product knowledge and service
- Supervises and motivates the Ladies and Gentlemen by ensuring all Standard Operating Procedures are in place and executed before, during and after service
- Ensures proper inventory processes including requisitions, receiving, moving and stocking product in accordance with first in, first out (FIFO)
- Prepares for and leads all Sanitation and Public Health inspections
- Advance planning, coordination and oversight of execution of special events and Banquets
- Provides assistance to Direct Reports and the Food and Beverage Director in the execution of the day-to-day operations of the Restaurant and Bar venues
- Manages the financial performance to exceed expectations for all Food and Beverage venues in partnership with Maître D’s and senior leadership
- Model and hold others accountable for promoting the Gold Standards, respect and fair treatment
- Ensures the Daily execution of Line-up in accordance with company standards and Brand Guidelines
- Sets the department’s expectations for desired behavior, knowledge and skill levels
- Coaches others by providing constructive feedback; helps others identify developmental needs and monitors progress; promoting an environment where everyone is valued and included
- Demonstrates alignment with corporate strategies and initiatives while ensuring alignment throughout the yacht organization
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty and integrity
- Coordinates and maintains on-going training programs and its’ execution to ensure all Food and Beverage Ladies and Gentlemen always have access to all pertinent training materials and are regularly tested on all information including menus, hours of operation, steps of service, Gold Standards, Public Health and other divisional, yacht and brand information
- Maintains and delivers a comprehensive and engaging onboarding program which successfully welcomes and integrates new Ladies and Gentlemen into the operation and provides the foundation for their career with the brand to grow
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- WSET Level 2, Court of Master Sommeliers Certified or equivalent certification in beverage knowledge
- Previous Maître D’, Restaurant Manager or Director of Restaurant experience in a five-star restaurant or onboard a luxury cruise restaurant environment
- Superior knowledge and experience in Public Health rules and regulations related to USPH and HACCP
- Excellent working knowledge of food, beverage (wine, beer, spirits, cocktails, coffee, tea) and an international cuisine
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Designed to combine the luxury lifestyle of The Ritz-Carlton® and the casual freedom of a yachting vacation, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will offer voyages on the first of three custom-built yachts in 2020. Calling on unique and distinguished destinations alike, most voyages range from seven to ten nights, offering many overnight calls and uniquely curated experiences ashore. Each yacht will feature 149 suites, each with its own private terrace, and accommodate up to 298 guests in a relaxed, casually elegant atmosphere. As with The Ritz-Carlton® on land, each yacht will feature personalized service, elevated dining and luxury amenities.