Housekeeping Manager Shipboard Royal Caribbean International
Housekeeping Manager owns the guests experience related to cleanliness and visual impressions onboard, offering a seamless execution of premium service that is both exceptional and memorable. Housekeeping Manager must possess outstanding hospitality, communication, and organizational skills in addition to effective decision-making abilities. This individual will take full ownership and accountability for the maintenance and cleanness and will also ensure the flawless delivery of all services to the highest level of expectation. He/she excels at establishing and maintaining a positive working environment and manages to performance expectations through open and frequent communication. He/she demonstrates excellent training, leadership development and recognition skills with both supervisors and crew members, and always maintains a strong floor presence, ensuring team members deliver exceptional customer service to guests through flawless and consistent execution of their responsibilities. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards and Royal Caribbean International’s brand standards, SQM standards, USPH guidelines. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Royal Way, each Employee always conducts himself in a professional and courteous manner. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow Employees and/or in the presence of guest and employee.
- Two to three years progressive Housekeeping managerial experience, preferably in an upscale hotel, resort, or cruise ship. (Shipboard experience preferred).
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, chemical handling and safety related procedures, requirements and use of equipment, personal protective equipment and job safety analysis related to proper handling chemicals, lifting, pushing, and pulling heavy equipment, garbage removal.
- Knowledgeable about talent assessment techniques, quality service standards and guest satisfaction, development of crew / management, leadership skills and coaching abilities for front line employees and junior management, increased ability to solve issues.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function.
- Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, or related Company programs (SQM, OCIMS, Fidelio, LGA, Medallia, Kronos etc.)
- Working knowledge of financial aspects, budgeting, and cost containment, planning and future orders, inventories, and C&R.
- Demonstrates strong results oriented management style with proven successes.
- Must focus on operational goals where training, leadership development and recognizing overall team performance is paramount.
- Specific knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer and personal service including needs assessment, problem resolution, demonstrated strong attention to detail and achievement of quality service standards.
- Must be able to utilize and administer the progressive disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance where possible.
- Ability to communicate diplomatically with managers, shipboard and shore-side employees to resolve problems and negotiate amicable resolution to challenges.
- Flexibility to manage, direct and encourage a positive, dynamic, diverse Housekeeping operation by navigating through a changing work environment.
- Pass Omnia Assessment for Behavior and Cognitive
- Required to speak English clearly and distinctly, has aptitude to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures, including the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers. Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, Mandarin, Italian, French, German or Portuguese preferred.
- All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!