Food and Beverage Director
"We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right."
Does this sound interesting to you? Then we would like you to join our Princess Cruises Family.
We are searching for a
Food and Beverage Director
to join our shipboard team soonest! Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises!
One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 17 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities. Princess Cruises is the employer of choice in the cruise industry.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensures that customer service and product quality standards meet or exceed Hotel Policies & Procedures for every passenger interaction.
- Constantly monitors and promptly resolves all issues that affect shipboard Food and Beverage operations and the passengers’ cruise experience.
- Dependably leads the Food and Beverage management team in regular operational inspections to ensure Company standards are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that satisfaction and service ratings meet or exceed OBE targets. Collaborates with the Hotel General Manager to formulate and implement short- and long-term service improvement plans.
- Regularly oversees the day-to-day operational efficiency, ensuring that all Food and Beverage outlets are organized, that staff perform their duties to the best of their ability, and that equipment is maintained per Company policies.
- Regularly ensures that all Food and Beverage and Hotel supplies and provisions (on applicable vessels) are promptly received and carefully inspected; reviews and approves all ordering schedules, work schedules, bar reports, and manning levels.
- Willingly and regularly chairs department meetings to discuss performance versus standards/budgets, corrective action plans, policy changes, and issues; coordinates efficient and feasible solutions.
- Constantly analyzes current processes to identify areas of improvement' develops long-term strategies to improve operational efficiency
- Regularly reviews manning levels and the shipboard organizational structure; develops innovative proposals that optimize the use of resources and decreases costs.
- Willingly helps Senior Management analyze, develop, and implement new products and operational concepts.
- Commits to maintaining awareness of new industry concepts and products that may positively affect the onboard products and operations.
- Ensures all F&B staff is aware of and adhere to updates to applicable Food and Beverage policies and procedures.
- Graduate of a recognized hotel/catering/culinary school.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Hospitality in a F&B Senior Management position.
- Extensive experience and knowledge in all aspects of hotel/cruise ship Food and Beverage operations.
- Strategic planner, with an innovative, hands-on, practical management approach.
- Ability to lead and motivate employees in pursuit of Company goals.
- Ability to work independently and resolve complex issues from crew and management.
Benefits and Life on board:
- As an Officer of the Princess Cruises, we offer exceptional facilities and single Officer Cabin accommodation.
- Four months contract / Two months off.
- Crew satisfaction is one of our main priorities and in your off time you will be able to enjoy our crew facilities such as a crew bar, fitness center, pool and a recreation center.
- In your free time you will be able to explore the most amazing places on earth.
- You will make friends from all over the world and have the ability to work in a challenging international environment.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess Cruises team. Together,
"we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories."
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 18 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
Princess offers a fast-paced work environment with great opportunities for career development in a wide range of areas. Our goal is to be the employer of choice in the cruise industry. Regardless of the rank or role, we are one team with one dream at Princess Cruises.
Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.