At Royal Caribbean International, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, RCI is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative, award-winning fleet of ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this is a great opportunity to let your career set sail.
We are currently searching for Rigging Specialists to join our team! This position has a six month onboard contract. Successful candidates will be considered for regular Rigging Specialists assignments based on their successful performance.
Royal Caribbean International is searching for Riggers ready for an exciting life at sea. Imagine spending your morning maintaining equipment, afternoon rehearsing our flying shows, and the evening being a part of the production. Work in the most state of the art theaters and become one of our team of experts. In addition to other requirements, potential candidates should have minimum three years professional theater set-up experiences or equivalent including carpentry, electrician, conventional and moving light operation, and basic lighting maintenance, basic sound engineering and knowledge of pyrotechnics (preferred).
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Sets up and operates all aspects of theatrical rigging systems including motors, lines, hoists, tracks, drives, lifts and programming of PC/PLC based automated systems.
- Conducts ongoing maintenance of all related systems. Troubleshoots and repairs systems.
- Keeps accurate and current maintenance logs for all repairs and maintenance for all systems.
- Conducts weekly inspections of all rigging systems with special attention paid to safety systems and features.
- Minimum three years Professional Theater set-up experiences or equivalent including carpentry, electrician, conventional and moving light operation, and basic lighting maintenance, basic sound engineering and knowledge of pyrotechnics preferred.
- Working knowledge of theatrical rigging, maintenance and inspections including: hemp or counterweight rigging, automated systems, winch/motorized rigging, ground rigging, high steel, and rock climbing are preferred. Ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain automated and manual rigging systems.
- Basic programming knowledge of PC/PLC based systems. Working knowledge of Windows NT, Word, and Excel. Familiar with current PC and PLC stage technologies and rigging operations.
- Must possess adequate inventory of personal rigging/climbing gear such as harness, assorted sizes of slings, and carabiners. Personal supply of basic hand tools, static rope, or dynamic rope is to your advantage.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
- Accommodation Jobs (49)
- Beauty Jobs (24)
- Casino Jobs (7)
- Child Care Jobs (14)
- Deck & Engine Jobs (76)
- Entertainment Jobs (49)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (254)
- IT Jobs (11)
- Land Based Jobs (78)
- Management Jobs (22)
- Medical Jobs (9)
- Office Jobs (31)
- Photography Jobs (4)
- Retail Jobs (15)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (13)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (8)
- Other Jobs (47)
- Jobs on Yachts (108)