Explorations Port & Shopping Lecturer
At Royal Caribbean International, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, RCI is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative, award-winning fleet of ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this is a great opportunity to let your career set sail.
We are currently searching for Port Lecturers to join our team! Potential candidates must have a minimum of one to two years proven sales experience in a cruise ship environment, and speak additional languages such as Italian, Spanish, German, Norwegian, and/or French.
Reports to: Explorations! Manager
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Administer port lectures onboard for various European ports of call.
- Coordinate and promote the shopping program in Europe.
- Discuss with guests various tour and shopping options. Promote, sell, and up-sell shore excursions, port shopping programs and tour packages as appropriate.
- Utilize sales experience and training to achieve revenue goals and monitor personal and team shopping revenue performance.
- Provide guest services with regard to tour sales, refunds, complaints, and general port and ship information.
- Contact tour operators and assigned stores and venues related to shopping program to relay information to staff and guests.
- Work assigned Explorations! shifts on the sales desk, the pier, lounges, or other venues as directed by the Explorations! Manager.
- Ensures Royal Caribbean International's Gold Anchor Standards are followed at all times to deliver the ultimate guest experience
- Perform any other job-related duties assigned by the supervisor or management.
- Minimum of 1 - 2 years experience in Shore Excursions, sales, or related department on a cruise ship
- Excellent public speaking skills and very strong communication skills
- Knowledge of ports of call and associated tours preferred
- Ability to sell, up-sell and cross-sell tour products and services
- Working knowledge of computers, Internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly. Knowledge of other languages is desired, especially Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, French, German, Russian, or Swedish
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain a C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Ability to participate in life-saving emergency drills and required training
- Accommodation Jobs (48)
- Beauty Jobs (22)
- Casino Jobs (8)
- Child Care Jobs (13)
- Deck & Engine Jobs (78)
- Entertainment Jobs (52)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (254)
- IT Jobs (11)
- Land Based Jobs (80)
- Management Jobs (21)
- Medical Jobs (10)
- Office Jobs (32)
- Photography Jobs (5)
- Retail Jobs (15)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (13)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (8)
- Other Jobs (48)
- Jobs on Yachts (108)